iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shrimp Boats are Coming

Started by Magicman, May 18, 2017, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We got Shrimp today!

These were over 8" long!  Won't take many of these to make a meal.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Well the first cooking is history anyway.   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Woodcutter_Mo

I wish I had access to fresh shrimp, all we have around here is the frozen store bought stuff (which is'nt too bad, but just not the same). Although my dad knows someone with Cajun friends that sometimes bring some up this way.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

sandsawmill14

mm those are bigger than the crawfish :o :D i bet that was some good eatin  :) 
hey while im thinkin of it do you have a good gumbo recipe that you would want to share for sausage or any kind of meat besides shrimp (my wife is allergic :( )  ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

For recipes make a forum search for gumbo and check the box that says;  "Search in topic subjects only"

Of course you also could just scroll down and look at the many Gumbo topics.

Briankinley2004

Bought 200# this morning right off the boat. Price has went up a little since last year. Cost me $3 a pound for 16-20 count but they were nice shrimp. The shrim shed is only paying 40 cents for 40-50 count. I may pick some of those up next trip. They taste better to me and do good in gumbo

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now those are some nice shrimp!  food6 food6 food6
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I would rather have 16-20 count shrimp, but if we want any we have to pretty well take what the truck brings.  These cost me $4.50 per pound.

Briankinley2004

The 16-20 are better for grilling,BBQ,or frying but are really too big for gumbo and bait. I prefer the taste of the smaller ones. The 16's inside are good tasting but the offshore ones have too much iodine flavor for me. They run 5-6 bucks up here in Monroe. I think I'm gonna start bringing a couple hundred pounds home every time I go to the camp to pay my gas money

Thank You Sponsors!