iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought a burned 2005 WM LT40HD

Started by naturaledge1, May 18, 2017, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naturaledge1

I bought a wooden Mizer lt40 HD year 2005 that have been in the fire engine was cooked and some of the other parts are cooked of course so I'm going to need some parts. It had a 34 Kubota motor on it and doubt it is rebuildable at all. Set work's are gone wiring harnesses are gone blade guide motor is gone , had an electric clutch which I never really liked anyway it's gone. I'm not sure about the hydraulics I hope I can make them work. I have been sawing  with a 1989 woodmizer lt40 HD since 1991 cut over 2 million board feet so this might be kind of nice to have an upgrade even though I sure like the Simplicity of the old woodmizer don't really need that works but if that is the way to make all this work again I'll probably have to get them.  just wanted to see what might be out there. Thank  you  . Brian

paul case

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like quite a  project. Keep us up to dare on your repairs.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

bandmiller2

Good luck Brian, A fire is the most destructive malady that can befall a mill. Bearings, "O" rings hoses and even the frame can be warped. Keep it out of the weather so rust doesn't take hold and do one piece at a time so you don't get discouraged. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

naturaledge1

Thanks for the encouragement . Brian

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Brian!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

scully

I would definatly try and restore it back to original . I'm thinking you will want to strip it completely down . Try and post some pictures ! And welcome !
I bleed orange  .

TKehl

How hot was the fire?  If it's too hot/big it can soften the steel in the frame. 
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

sandsawmill14

Quote from: TKehl on May 19, 2017, 07:56:51 AM
How hot was the fire?  If it's too hot/big it can soften the steel in the frame.

if it didnt loose its shape it will most likely be ok :) i have rebuilt some machines most people would have sworn were scrap only but the luck i have had is if stayed in shape it didnt get to hot ;) i have rebuilt a tub grinder a debarker an edger  even a few conveyors  just to name a few pieces over the years  :) but as already mentioned pay close attention to the hyd if you can afford it dont use a single piece not even a hose or fitting or even the fluid tank and same goes for the fuel system :) good luck with it :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!