Sponsors:

JD 317 Govener issues

Started by Mt406, May 18, 2017, 04:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mt406

Hi

I having trouble with my skid steer Its a JD 317  2007

2.4 liter  4024TT-001

It started a couple of weeks ago when you would load the motor it would rev and then settle down.

It is getting worse and started loping yesterday when cold and would lope for 20-30 seconds and stop.

so far no can tell me for sure if this 001 model has a Ele gov and a manual one some of the other configuration do have both.

Trying to narrow it down I have new fuel filters and have checked fuel lines and new air filter. there 2 springs I can replace though a access

hole in front cover If its the fly weights on the end of cam I will have to pull engine to pull pan to get front cover off.

If any one has had any experience with these motors and has any input I would sure like to hear.

Thanks

Scott     

mike_belben

Check to see if any rubber sections of fuel hose have delaminated and collapsed on the suction side, very common. Easiest way is just bypass it all with a new hose from a bucket.
Praise The Lord

Bert

I have no knowledge of that motor however if you really suspect the governor its probably the bearings in the governor. With all my loping, inconsistent rpm issues that has been the case.
Saw you tomorrow!

kiko

Mt406 ,  unfortunately I have a lot of experience with this engine and the five cly as well.   I have not dealt with any with the electronic governor .   This fuel system is set up just a like a Detroit or 31 series cat engine, only the components are in different locations.  If you remove the plate on the front and can safely observed the end of the rack to see if it's moving in and out with the lope.   On of those springs that you can see is the buffer spring, which if weak could cause the lope ESP at idle.  My advice would be address the fuel supply in entirety first as that could cause your issue.  Make sure the rubber seal on the fuel cap has not deteriated and pieces have gone into the fuel tank, seen that.  If it does have an electronic governor check the condition of sensor face and the wires to the engine speed sensor.  Setting the injector synchronization is quite technical and requires special tools, some of which I fabricated.   The fitting where the fuel returns out of the head has a overflow relief in it. When pumping the primer pump and all is quiet you should be able to hear the fuel blowing over the relief when you have pumped it to full pressure if that can not be achieved you have a fuel supply issue. Also check the connections to the android valve,  it has a metal line that connects in the back of the rocker box that serves as the intake on the side the pipe goes into.   

Thank You Sponsors!