iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Mills tracking problems

Started by Southwood, May 18, 2017, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southwood

I have been looking for those wide nuts, but can not get any where I live. I have looked everywhere here. I'm pretty rural & not much around here. I even went to the city yesterday, but had no luck. I would order online, but welder will be here Friday. If I were to even find one, my next problem is getting a longer all thread bolt to go with it. Just curious if they have those nuts in metric?

Kbeitz

Go to an electrical supply store. They use them for hanging conduit pipe.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Southwood

Thanx I will look in the morning. I appreciate all the input, y'all are great.

MikeZ

Southwood: Those nuts are called coupling nuts. As K said they are used in hanging electric conduit etc. I have already replaced my application on my homemade mill. I looked all over for grd 8 but no luck. I think they are all grd 2 or 5 at best. I welded mine in end to butt plate with a 1/4 bolt on ea side so I can replace later if happens again. I have 1/2 grd 8 all thread for threaded rod. The only comfort is that the coupling nut will give you about 6 times the threads to wear. keep lubed.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Kbeitz

The long nut never has giving me any problems.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Southwood

The welder was here today & replaced that bad nut. I was excited to get it done. I figured I would be up & running today, but no luck. I went to adjust the drive side tracking & that nut & bolt are messed up as well. I called woodland mills & they want to send more parts to try & fix this 2 year old tracking problem. Upon further inspection I noticed my bandwheels don't look like they are spinning true. My question is could bad wheels be causing my tracking problems? My mill is like new & I have way too many problems to mention for only cutting 30 logs if I'm lucky. Since they won't replace the mill, I need to find the problem & fix it. They said I could resell it but not replace it. Anyone want to buy a mill? :-[

HOLTeam

I am just checking to see if you ever got your mill running correctly, I know it has been a little while since your last post. 

Thank You Sponsors!