iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new saw, to me

Started by moosehunter, December 16, 2004, 02:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

As my by-line say's.......
I was out test driving a car the other day and saw a garbage bag along side of a busy state highway. I didn't pay any attention to it as I am sure a thousand other drivers had not either.
 On my second trip past it from the other direction something sticking out of the bag cought my eye, I did a quick louie (left hand u-turn) and went back. In the bag is a 12" Delta compound miter saw, with a brand new blade on it!!  8)
 The damage from it's fall from a moveing vehicle cost me $55 to fix.
 Almost made up for the week of mondays I had last week!
 Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

isawlogs

road killed miter saw ...cool.Hope you have a nice weekend playing with it  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

Good find  moosehunter  ;D
Good line   isawlogs  ;D
We have a 'dump store'. Many good finds for the thrifty and handy.
Best score so far is the three 6 foot long bamboo roll shades in my livingroom: fit perfect.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bibbyman

A neighbor lives at the top of a long steep hill.  It's all washboarded out and rough.  He's about equiped his whole shop with tools he's picked up on the hill over the years.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

edsaws

I just love what some people throw it the dump (I call it the mall). If it weren't for our mall I'd still be dreamin about having a mill. Its where I got the motor and drivetrain to power mine.Also the blade guards(55gal drums cut down to size) ;D. You just never know what you'll find.

isawlogs

Ed,
  sure would like to know more on your mill and what how you  build it .Hows that go ... inquiring mind would like to know ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

leweee

Ed that a riden mower or a sawmill ??? ::) ;D ;D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Swede

My "new" saw is a Jonsered 535! Have been looking for a chainsaw for a while and get this one for $150. There was a 13" bar on it but I get a new 15"+ new chain for $30.

535 was made from -86 to -94. Think this is a late one.
Can´t be used many hours, was told "the old man who owned  it never like the 535, just Stihl, OLD Stihl!"  :D
It "feels" like a new saw.

Also get offered from another man 1 complete  Helmet (no radio), Safety pants (or what do you call it?) Jacket. All was Stihl and brand new. He also had a not much used chainsaw Dolmar PS340 (looks like a orange Makita) Get it all for $300 and sold the Dolmar I don´t want for $150.

We don´t give X-mas gifts any longer in my family so I had to buy my own. ;D Can´t wait to take them nice clothes on and go out with my "new" chainsaw.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

edsaws

junkyard

I had a garbage route once. Three days a week at three different landfills. My place is still full of goody's. Still do some ceanout's, charge so much to clean out your garage or attic cellar. Lots of goody's plus money to boot.
                         Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Timber_Framer

My wife brought home a six foot level she spotted in the ditch on hwy61. It had curly written on it. We asked around for any cantractoer named curly but no one local new of any. I'm sure he's bummed but I sure am liking it. ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

isawlogs

Edsaws
  Thanks for the link  8)
  Great way to be recicling ,it sure is a buity ;) :)  Have you got all the little kinks out of her yet ???

Marcel

etat

The second best dog I ever saw jumped out the back of somebody's truck.  I guess you could say I kinda recycled him.  I named him BUBBA.

The first year I had cows my pasture was kind of rough. I'd spent over a year off and on building fences and cross fences.   I didn't know the first thing about cows.  Never even been around em much.  So, I went out and bought a small herd of Bramahas.  Might be pushing it to call them a herd, it was only 9 head starting out.  Them cows, and that one bull was mean.

About that time I was roofing a house for a local doctor in town.  From the minute we pulled in to his house there was this kind of rough looking border collie climbed up on my truck.  He was scratched up pretty bad and bunged up some.

He sat on top of the cab of my truck the whole time I was there.  When I started to leave I asked the homeowner about the dog.  He said he came up there a couple of days ago and since he lived on the highway he figured he'd jumped out of a truck.  Especially the way he was cut up.

I told him I'd take the dog home, doctor him up and give him some shots, and run a ad in the paper for two weeks to try to find the real owner.  He agreed to this and I took BUBBA home.

I kept him in a pen for a couple of weeks, doctored him up, ran a ad, and contacted the local sale barn.  I never did find BUBBA's owner.  I always figured he was somebody from off somewhere that came in here to buy a load of cows.

Bubba was pretty old and died the second winter I had him.  In the meantime, he was the most amazing dog working them ole cows I'd ever seen.  You could tell he was experienced at it. He'd herd em from pasture to pasture, cut one out if you wanted, and just generally keep an eye on them about all the time.  And more than once he'd get between me and one of them ole bramah cows when she'd take a notion she didn't want me in the pasture with her.

Between me and him, and some hay and some feed it wasn't long until we settled them cows down so they wasn't so mean.  (At least most of the time)

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!