iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my buddy a heck of a deal in a skidder!

Started by Woodhauler, May 17, 2017, 05:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

He was looking for a different one, has a 225 with a john deere motor. Nice small skidder, One of the guys I used to haul for got done cutting almost a year ago and has a 1986 one owner 230 timberjack with cummins motor,7800 hrs, straight,dry and tight ! I asked him for the heck of it if he would sell it and he said yes. How much???  He said it ought to be worth 10-12 grand!!!!!!!!!!!  My buddy gave him 11 grand for it. Deal of the day!!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

David-L

Wow is all I can say, please find me one like that to. Nice deal. any Pics. 35k in these parts if the hrs are accurate.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

coxy

wet and loose there getting more than that here  ;D

mike_belben

A runner in maine brings what theyre askin for a parts machine in middle TN.
Praise The Lord

lynde37avery

David L got that nice green 240. you don't want a small orange 230 now?
Detroit WHAT?

Ed_K

I was hoping he wanted a big yellow Taylor  ;D .
Ed K

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Woodhauler on May 17, 2017, 05:28:06 AM
He was looking for a different one, has a 225 with a john deere motor. Nice small skidder, One of the guys I used to haul for got done cutting almost a year ago and has a 1986 one owner 230 timberjack with cummins motor,7800 hrs, straight,dry and tight ! I asked him for the heck of it if he would sell it and he said yes. How much???  He said it ought to be worth 10-12 grand!!!!!!!!!!!  My buddy gave him 11 grand for it. Deal of the day!!!!!
You've got to luck out sometimes, having trucks and iron is painful enough. I'm watching iron deals literally fall out of the sky, word of mouth / going for a ride is still my best tool. The average guy who buys from the paper or FB /CL doesn't realize how much stuff gets stepped on. The girl who came to "Snowstorms" with me to get that head wasn't the prettiest to look at but a great girl, her uncle is one of the shadiest ag/iron dealers to ever walk the earth. 😂 we recently dumped a machine for reasons, watched it make the great circle of dealers and now it's not far from home, I saw it when I was out to dinner the other night and cringed. 😂 we buy stuff all over, but we have a paper down here similar to "uncle henrys" called "the want ad digest", costs us 76 bucks but it eliminates half of the problems selling something to the average guy. The guy who took my Mack is scooping up trucks and certain Cat iron for the west Africa market, alot of guys don't see how many people are watching, I'm hunting for him now for commission.
The low hr barn find stuff is out there, I stumbled on the last 240C Jack ever sold from Loggers Equipment in Glens Falls, the Holy grail of small skidders, it has 1200hrs ??? and sits inside a barn 30 miles from me, went to buy a dump trailer last yr and saw it, the guy knows what he has and threw out an absurd # and I laughed at him. We looked at 6 dozers when I was home, our big girl is tired and needs to go away, we drive up north and looked at a near sister machine with the idea of a running parts machine and swap parts over, my father doesn't watch iron so I basically shop for everything, I get out of the truck in this guys yard and my skin starts to crawl because I know this guys game, I look at the machine, hear the guys story and because I have no verbal filter tell him what slimy dealer he got it from, and probably what he paid. He smiles and tells us to give us 1/2 of what he is asking and he will deliver it. Too many slimy guys out there. The real deals to be found right now are actually at the dealers, Cat, Nortrax, they won't hold onto used stuff for long at certain branches and hate moving it around, we made them an offer on a used machine that's so low it's criminal and they keep getting closer. Again talking /shopping iron is a huge hobby for me, the hemorrhage over the last yr is the only reason I'm not peddling iron off my front lawn right now.

Ed_K

I have a taylor skidder for your front lawn  ;) .
Ed K

Stoneyacrefarm

I can add a 1975 international 1700 dump truck to your front lawn too if you want it.
:D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Corley5

I've got a Fabtek 133 you can put on your lawn for sale too :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GRANITEstateMP

How bout a nice 24hp stand alone PTO unit?  How full is the lawn Barge?  I'd like to have a pre-moe spot, maybe on one of those elevated spinning car display racks???
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

nativewolf

Quote from: Stoneyacrefarm on May 25, 2017, 09:11:54 AM
I can add a 1975 international 1700 dump truck to your front lawn too if you want it.
:D
Ok, I can see the skidder but a 75 int dump truck???  I mean there are a billion uses for that, flower pot, ...ummm...well a billion uses.  I'll give you 8 for it.  Delivered to northern va.
Liking Walnut

Stoneyacrefarm

That sounds like too good of a deal for me to pass up.
That was 8 flower pots yeah?? 8) 8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

nativewolf

8 Flower pots, 8 dollars or 8 pieces of chicken, 8 heads of lettuce, 8 pieces of firewood, heck...8 beers even.  Pick one  :D
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

And I'll throw 1 in to fund the FF and 1 for BM too for the use of his lawn!
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Stoneyacrefarm

Barge has got to be all over this.
Looks like a money maker to me.
He can do this in his spare time.
Got to be one of the busiest guys I've seen.
This will be a walk in the park for him  :D :D :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Stoneyacrefarm on May 26, 2017, 12:56:48 AM
Barge has got to be all over this.
Looks like a money maker to me.
He can do this in his spare time.
Got to be one of the busiest guys I've seen.
This will be a walk in the park for him  :D :D :D
We didn't have the money yrs ago for newer iron, decent trucks or expensive parts, I learned quick to hunt deals down, not abuse iron, keep stuff greased and maintained. I started dealing atv's in highschool to my father's customers and learned if your not slimy there's connections and money to be made. Long slow struggle from the bottom, I stay humble, work 8 days a week like a savage and try and help guys if I can, not walking from a union tugboat job because I'm "daydreaming" 😂 This forum is some of the best unbiased information you can find, guys on here have saved us from buying some headaches, met alot of great guys and love discussing iron.
Ive got to add this, I think it's hysterical and being a "salesman" I'm just shaking my head. Some of you on here are friends with me on FB, see the new girl who im dating. This girl works in an all female office for the state of NY, there isn't 1 thing that isn't discussed, these women are savages 😂 This girl starts going out with a "rough logger", starts telling stories of amazing endurance "cutting wood" and rides in trucks on backroads, now the other ones start wanting a "logger". 😂I wake up at 5pm tonight to a savage request, while they are having happy hour at a swanky bar, to find this girl who is a KNOCKOUT a logger, literally wants her own furry beer drinking skidder driving woods creature it's hysterical. Good state job, medical benefits, I sent "MaineLogger" her picture tonight just to confirm the story. 😂

Maine logger88

He's not kidding either she is a babe! If only I was closer...lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

47sawdust

Started this thread on Skidders and now Barge has turned it into "The Young and the Restless".
What's next? Barge's dating service? Might be more money in it than trading old iron. :D :D
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Logger RK

I'm thinking barge should write a book. He seems to be a very interesting guy. I'd even read it.

killamplanes

I would read it to. Reminds me of the way I thought prior of 2 kids and a wife. :D
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

BurkettvilleBob

I don't think it would be very lucrative, he'd just be chasing more women!

bushmechanic

Well I'd like to see some pic's of the skidder. Oh and now that you mention it a pic of barge's new squeeze lol.

Ed_K

Part of writing a book is research  :D ;D .
Bushmechanic, will this do?

Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!