iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nine years, one month, and eight days.

Started by Dave Shepard, May 16, 2017, 07:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

My mill was delivered 4/8/08. It took until today, and 928.3 hours, to try and saw a chunk off  of it.  :D Nothing serious, just rubbed the bolt head holding the backstop rollers on. It was time for a new band anyway.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Delawhere Jack

That must be a world record. Guinness Book will be sending a team to verify this claim.

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

I'm a procrastinator, everyone here knows that.   ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

YellowHammer

That's just not right, a mill has to have more grooves in it than that to feel loved.  I'll send you a new band and just rev it up and ram it into the backstops or clamp and give it a good notch.  You can even keep the band if you want. :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

paul case

Quote from: YellowHammer on May 16, 2017, 10:10:45 PM
That's just not right, a mill has to have more grooves in it than that to feel loved. 

I can hear it all now as L averne T urner 40 says in a whiney voice '' You are spending way too much time with your hands on someone else with someone else''.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

jimdad07

Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

Percy

Quote from: Dave Shepard on May 16, 2017, 07:34:45 PM
My mill was delivered 4/8/08. It took until today, and 928.3 hours, to try and saw a chunk off  of it.  :D Nothing serious, just rubbed the bolt head holding the backstop rollers on. It was time for a new band anyway.  ;D
With that wireless setup, thats pretty awesome. I didnt cut steel for a long time either. I was very careful. Then one day, I got started  and have been getting quite good at it....For steel I still prefer the 13 degree blades. Turbo 7s is my next choice, takes longer to get down to the gums... :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Dave Shepard

Wireless makes it easier to not hit the backstops because you can see better. Walking with the head you have to bend to the side to see the band when its getting close to the stops.

JRWoodchuck

Pretty sure I tried milling my mill in the first 8 seconds. I'd like to think that I'm a bull rider so 8 seconds is acceptable. But that isn't true.
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

Percy

Quote from: Dave Shepard on May 17, 2017, 10:22:39 AM
Wireless makes it easier to not hit the backstops because you can see better. Walking with the head you have to bend to the side to see the band when its getting close to the stops.
Oh. I thought one would be allover the place doing other tasks with the wireless.  ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on May 17, 2017, 10:22:39 AM

I look at where my last cut was and try to judge if I have room or not to take another whack. 

How about on the other mill for the guy you used to work for you ever cut
steel for
him
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

Twice. A backstop in the first few hours, and years later after i was no longer working there, actually. Had a bunch of people there and one in particular needed constant supervision. I swear he was trying to get sawn in half.  Made it almost all the way through the backstop on that one.

WV Sawmiller

Sure took you a long time to get it broke in proper. :D

The next thing we know you will be telling us you have not yet forgotten to raise the side dogs and rolled a log all the away across the mill or left the toe board up and cut long wedges. 8)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dave Shepard

I've cut wedges, but haven't launched a log over the back, yet.

WV Sawmiller

Still waiting on that special log I guess? Send pix when you find it. Trust me - its out there waiting for you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!