iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First State FF members team up to Get R' Done.

Started by Delawhere Jack, May 16, 2017, 07:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

Got to meet fellow FF member tmbercruiser, aka Doug over the past few days. He's backed up with a load of cypress that he needs to mill, and he had a job milling white oak that was waiting. He asked if I'd be interested in milling it. Well of course!  ;) So I hitch the mill behind Ole Hee Haul and take the 80 mile journey to LSD (Lower-Slower-Delaware).

The weather forecast threw us a curve on the first day. "Chance of passing showers" turned into continuous showers. Had to call it a day around 1:30. Undaunted, I returned twice more to complete the job. Doug even set me up milling some of the cypress Monday to make it a full days milling.

It was a real pleasure spending some time with another FF member. Must admit I had a little mill envy. His Baker 3650(?) makes my LT40 look like a toy. But I can't imagine how I would tow that thing to a job, or were I'd get a long enough extension cord!  :D

As usual, it was a real pleasure meeting another FF member. And I must say his mill setup and tree farm are very impressive. Hope we can work together again soon.

Thanks Doug.

Dave Shepard

You left out the other half of the IH! You need a wider angle lens.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Dave Shepard on May 16, 2017, 07:37:55 PM
You left out the other half of the IH! You need a wider angle lens.  ;D

It's a real nice tractor. 52xx I think. Didn't get a chance to drive it, but I did get some stick time on the Metavic grapple boom. Fairly easy to use, but a bit touchy on the controls.

Dave Shepard

Judging by the size of the tires and the "patina", I'm going to guess 544.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

BigZ La

I was thinking 856, even has fender radio  :D

Dave Shepard

Small tires for an 856. Could be a 656 with 15.5x38.

Thank You Sponsors!