iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM brg support install

Started by petefrom bearswamp, May 16, 2017, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Going to install the brg support this Friday as i have help coming.
Anything i should be aware of as regards possible problems?
I have a fair amount of mechanical skill but my fingers and muscles dont work as well as they once did.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

red

I thought it was British Racing Green ? ? ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

petefrom bearswamp

Guess I should have been more specific
WM calls it support assembly Cat bearing LT40/50 D51

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

moosehunter

Wish I could come help you and learn how to do mine at the same time.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

MartyParsons

Hello,
   We started a head gasket and crank support kit on a LT50 with the 51 hp Cat today.

Metric Allen wrench for the stub shaft. You will need to heat the cap screws and they will come out easy. Propane torch may work.

You may need to shim the alternator pulley with a washer to help with alternator belt alignment. After you install the new stub shaft.
This engine already had a belt issue with the outside of the belt missing one strand. I have also shimmed the tensioner if it hits the alternator pully fan.  The Drive belt was also not one but three so it will be replaced also.

Remove the drive belt tension! before installing the drive belt. I like to make sure everything is aligned on the drive belt then engage the drive belt then adjust to the proper spec.

This taper lock on the drive pulley was very tight tight. Three 1/4" 20 bolts. Remove them and then put them back into the threaded holes. Tighten as much as you dare, then take a block of wood and drive the pulley away from the lock. Tighten the bolts again then repeat. I used a puller once it came loose to remove the lock. Lock tite back on the new cap screws for the stub shaft.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I thought I had pictures before . I will do this the next time.

Marty

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Nomad

Pete, I'm glad you posted this.  I'm about ready to put mine in too and I'll be watching this closely.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

That's kind of what I thought it might be Pete, but just wasn't sure!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!