iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small Problem.....thoughts

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 15, 2017, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Today it happened 3 times.

I set the thickness on the Simple Set....saw lumber from a cant or 2 and all off a sudden as the blade comes out of the cant.....it drops approx. 1/2 to 1 inch and I lose my thickness setting.
Now keep in mind the Simple set does not lose power.....it just clears out my settings.

I'm thinking encoder but not sure. I removed and blew out the plug ins and checked the encoders position.
Everything seemed fine.

It did not do it after I cleaned and check everything but I did order a new encoder for my inventory.
I've had to replace 2 of these in 6 years.

By the way....the Kohler is still running fine.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

paul case

I cant help with the problem, but maybe I can provide some comic relief.

I have no more than 3 problems a day with my thinking too.

Look on the bright side ya ol goat, at least you are only having one problem, for right now anyway.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

greglwood

Could be a faulty drum switch (right hand side) or your resting your fingers on it and your putting enough weight on it to engage.  Mine has begun to stick a little so as when it's released it does not spring back all the way, thus it does not take much to trigger it again. Even a bump. 

Ga Mtn Man

So you're saying that on three separate occasions the SimpleSet somehow knew that you were about to exit a cant and waited till then to drop ½ to 1 inch. ??? 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Ga Mtn Man

A bad encoder or a faulty drum switch would not cause the SS to lose its settings.  Sounds like the controller board has a problem.  Didn't you replace that less than a year ago?

Also could be the H-bridge.  The SS gets 5V power from the H-bridge.  You might want to check the 12V and GND connections to the H-bridge.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Deese

I'm thinking it's either your persuvious valve or the auto syncrinoid capacitor on the right side just below the blade demagnetizer? Just a shot in the dark. Hope it helps.  :D
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

4x4American

Yea idk my sawmill pops out of pattern or auto down mode and freezes the computer up 3-10x/ day.  Been doing it for awhile, have to cut off the sawmill, yell loudly so anyone around knows that the computer has messed up, and then fire it back up before anyone can say anything. 
Boy, back in my day..

petefrom bearswamp

I too have an occasional freeze up with my accuset 2.
I read recently that loud yelling along with a few blue words helps in these instances, but only if in a remote setting..
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WDH

Quote from: paul case on May 15, 2017, 11:18:45 PM
I have no more than 3 problems a day with my thinking too.

:D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Ambidexter Thermostropter wire is loose on the Opticalizing Widgetmoplex.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

MM<
I thought you might come up with that!

I think if you will remember we fixed that problem by mounting the thingamijigger we found on the wall at Willie's saw shed. So If you are having issues with any of the afore mentioned stuff and If you could find a WM orange thingamijigger hanging on the wall, put it on the mill and you will be up and going in no time!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 16, 2017, 07:49:03 AM

I'll have to order the gauge to check that.

I did clean and tighten everything and sawed all day today with out any problems,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on May 15, 2017, 11:41:10 PM
So you're saying that on three separate occasions the SimpleSet somehow knew that you were about to exit a cant and waited till then to drop ½ to 1 inch. ???

You are EXACTLY right Paul. As soon as the blade came out of the log / cant....the setting on the SS cleared and the head dropped.
Have me an answer at the Project....you have 3 days.

ladylake

Id be looking for a bad ground or a wire that moves slightly when the pressure from sawing comes off the head.  Maybe with pressure from sawing on the head its making a good ground through the bearings and loses the ground when the head comes out of the cut or a wire or connector that moves slightly  when the head comes out of the cut. I just had a episode with my electric fuel pump, worked good with the belt out of gear but with engine raised to tighten the belt there was a bad wire that lost contact.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ladylake on May 16, 2017, 05:52:52 PM

Id be looking for a bad ground or a wire that moves slightly when the pressure from sawing comes off the head.   Steve

Thats exactly what I did yesterday Steve. I didn't really find anything that looked like it needed attention but I did take a few wires off and lightly sand and clean the connections. Don't know if I did any good but I sure didn't have any problems today. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Peter Drouin

It might be the Blue wire on it, They have been known to come loose.   :P
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

scsmith42

It's either that or the Turbo Encabulator.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!