iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BIRDS

Started by Bro. Noble, December 16, 2004, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

I've changed my mind about the identity of the bird. The recording I found first sounded JUST like what I hear but this website > http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/305/_/Black-throated_Blue_Warbler.aspx
Has a different voice for the Cerulean Warbler.

The voice they have for the Black throated blue Warbler seems more like what I hear and it's more correct  range-wise also. The big difference is that the birds I hear have 5 notes in thier song like the Cerulean, where that link plays a six note song ???

Ya. SD There sure is alot of different kinds of warblers !!!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Patty

Joan, you mentioned that you saw an indigo bunting. Try to listen to their song, it is beautiful. Indigo buntings like to nest in tall weeds. When we first moved to the country we had tall weeds everywhere  ::) . Those little guys would just sing and sing in the mornings. It was a pleasant way to wake up every morning, listening to their songs.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sprucebunny

I enjoy hearing birds in the morning, also, Patty .

The websites I've found with bird songs haven't been entirely right, so far. ( or my hearing/memory is bad ... a possibility :D ) I'll try again to find the indigo bunting song ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Onthesauk

I grew up in Montana and my favorite then was the meadow lark, they use to sit on the fence posts around the farm and sing.  The last two years I've had red wing blackbirds at the feeder, (surprised since we're up the hillside and in the trees,) and their my current favorite.

We spent last weekend out in Eastern Washington and NE Oregon.  Sunday morning on the highway watched a red tailed hawk climb up out of the sagebrush, (up a couple of hundred feet and climbing when I first saw him,) with a pretty good sized snake dangling below him.  Is it true they can take rattlesnakes without being hurt?
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

SwampDonkey

Nice to live by a little cat tail marsh and here the black birds and many other vocal birds, but when your up on a ridge surrounded by yard trees you have a lot of other birds equally as pleasant to listen to.  ;) Oh and no biting bugs, until after dark.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

This little guy got trapped inside the garage today. He couldn't seem to figure out how to get back out.

We finally had to put a flat of salvia starts on the floor in front of the door to lure him out.

WDH

Looks like he/she was holding out for food :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

speaking of food.. Look at the drumsticks on our sand turkeys. ;D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Those are some beautiful cranes.  Were they on your property in the UP?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

These two were on my sisters, but I have had as many as three pair at one time on mine this past weekend. When I didnt have the camera handy  :-\   We have large populations up there. You can hear them all the time.

beenthere

Just an update on the baby birds in the bluebird nesting box. Better evidence they are bluebirds, and not something else (per my earlier suspicions).

I count 4 for sure, and maybe a 5th one hidden in the feathers.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

We had a congregation of 4 different birds in the pond at the same time. ;)
The little Blue Heron didn't want his picture taken with the others. :D

These Fellers were on the other side of the pond. ;)

Water Turkey, Snake Bird (Anhinga) 2 Limpkins and White Egret.

Furby

There are 5 in that pic Beenthere. 8)

pigman

I always wondered what my wife would do with my remains when my time on earth was over. I suppose I know the answer to that question after looking out of the window today.She did say that there were cheaper ways than burial or creamation. :o

I hope she called in the buzzards early, I am not ready to go just yet.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Hang in there, Bob.  We are pulling for you 8).

Jeff

Ive seen buzzards doing that on roof tops and fence poles. I always wondered if they were drying their wings, or cooling down.

Ron Scott

Mute Swan Family. The yearly mute swan family of Greenfield-Ford Lake.

~Ron

limbrat

The hawks that nest in the back yard usaly make one but they made two chicks this year. The chicks are flying around and working there parents to theads. They hollar from can to cant and when the parents bring some food the fight is on. The wife is afraid to let the little dog out, im just glad to see them clearing the snakes.
ben

Don K

As I got ready to go on vacation last week I checked on the second hatching of bluebirds and noticed they were about ready to leave the nest. Well monday morning when I got back I checked the box and there were 5 blue eggs just like the previous pic from the second batch. That was one busy bird last week. She laid in the same nest that was just vacated. That proves that they will lay in the same nest. Most books say to clean out the nest between hatchings. She was probably glad I was gone so she didn't have to rebuild. :D

I can just hear her last time when she saw a perfectly good nest laying on the ground. I know my ears were burning.  :D :D

Any way I will not post pics until the new babies arrive. I bet daddy is ready for a break. :o

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

SwampDonkey

Mom said she saw a couple blue birds eying a birdhouse already occupied by tree swallows. Not very common bird here.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Somebody was a knockin' on my door.

I went to the door to see who it was and noticed that it was a bird pecking on the glass.  I don't know what kind it was.  Gael has applied purple decals to the window to help with privacy.  It is flowery looking without having any definition.  I guess it looked like a flower to the bird.  The bird was about the size of my hand and had a long thin bill.  It was semi-hovering at the window, but you could tell that hovering wasn't it's expertise.   I couldn't get much of a picture of it because of the decals.  Sure would like to know what it was.   

WDH

It was probably just reading the decals ;D.

theorm

Tom,

The bird could have been reading the decals. It had a bird's eye view of them...

:D
Theo
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

SwampDonkey

What's on them decals Tom?  ;)

Tom

Are y'all telling me Gael put bumper stickers on my double wide?
I'll have to go out there and look.

Nope, just purple designs.  I can see that there might have been a bit of a reflection.  Maybe he/she was falling in love with himeself.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!