iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BIRDS

Started by Bro. Noble, December 16, 2004, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I don't know. But been seeing the ospreys here taking some pretty big fish from the water, at least 3 lb fish.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

I can tell you they like to soar, then will do a power dive from 400ft to hit their target. There is a pair of them and they have driven off the redtail from the saguaro hill. They are a bit shy and very quick, so hard to get a really good picture. I'll keep trying.

I've seen ospreys and it isn't that. We thought it might be a black shouldered kite, but this is sort of out of their range. Still trying to figure it out....
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

RynSmith

mesquite buckeye

We have been watching the pair which are close to redtail hawk size. Actually they drove off the redtails. We are thinking they are Northern Harriers at the moment. They don't hang around all that long usually and I haven't had my binoculars along.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

clww

Got to see an immature Bald Eagle when I pulled in at the work site this morning. Great way to start the new week. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

OneWithWood

The rough shouldered hawks and the red tails are constantly sparring for territory here.  Currently the red tails appear to rule the sky - that is until the bald eagles decide to make an appearance.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

I hear a red tail once in awhile when out on a block, he/she screeches as he sores in a circle. There are a couple places along roads where I also see a hawk most every time I drive bye, so I assume a nest is near.

I came upon a goshawk today sitting on the road. There are lots of rabbits and partridge this year along the roads, the goshawks like to fly the road corridors.

Osprey here are almost pets, they nest on platforms people erect along the river and power lines.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Beep! Beep!

Note the open beak. Even the desert natives are looking for shade.

Ramadas are cool. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

red

Them Snow birds were just spotted headed South !
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

mesquite buckeye

Haven't seen too many of them yet. More after Thanksgiving and another large flock following Christmas/New Year's. fly_smiley super-smiley

Onthesauk

Had a grouse hit a window in the laundry room yesterday, same one they broke at this time of the year last year.  Both survived, this one at least didn't break it this time.  Must have something to do with them moving down the mountains this time of the year.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

mesquite buckeye

Just put up hummingbird feeders last week. Now the broadbills and the anna's are at war. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Mooseherder

WDH

At least the treatment was free  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

So what's my cranes doin' in your yard?  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

Hilltop366

There was a odd looking bird flying around the yard today sometimes being chased by a flock of crows, It was quite far away so the pictures could be better. The best guess I could come up with is a mostly white red-tailed hawk.

mesquite buckeye

SwampDonkey

Sure looks cool. What are the chances? ;D

Chuck White

Nothing to compare the size with, but it looks like an Osprey to me!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Hilltop366

When I google "white red tail hawk" and click on images I get quite a few pictures the look very similar, The tail feathers are about the same colour as a regular red tailed hawk.

SwampDonkey

Osprey don't winter up north here. Frozen water is hard to fish in with talons and feathers. :D

Jeff

It doesn't look familiar to me. We have lots of Osprey around here and it doesn't look like ours.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doctorb

It is a white / albino Red-tailed Hawk.  Great Pics!!!!  Thanks

https://adlayasanimals.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/red-tailed-hawk-buteo-jamaicensis/

Check out this site.  Scroll down to picture of same.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!