iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree flowers

Started by Larry, March 26, 2024, 09:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

They started blooming a few days ago. When these flowers appear for some reason the crappie start jumping in the boat and limit catches are common.

What tree displays such a pretty flower? Should be a easy guess for you guys.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

Looks like White and pink flowering dogwood (Cornus florida)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

Only 5 minutes and we have a winner!!

I find it interesting that the petals in some years are almost totally white but in other years they have lots of pink.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

Yup. Even bunchberry, not a woody shrub, has the same type of flower, but has some big green sepals below the petals. We have 3 wild species of woody shrub dogwoods up this way. Be awhile before they bloom here.  ffwave You can eat bunchberry, they are a plenty, but they have no taste at all and a bit dry. Let the hares, grouse and black bears eat them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!