iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Little bit of milling today

Started by jimdad07, May 13, 2017, 08:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimdad07

Milled some cherry today.  Trying to clean up around the all the building projects and make the place look like somebody other than Jethro Clampit lives here.  In the process I had some short logs kicking around that I just couldn't turn into firewood.  Recorded the first log, and guys, I picked terrible music for this one...sounded better before I uploaded it...you'd be better off to turn the volume down on some of this one.

https://youtu.be/DvtTX43JaXc
Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

Darrel

For what ever reason, this video wouldn't play here on the forum. Had to go watch it on YouTube.  Good to see your kids are involved. I have some grandsons that like helping me.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

jimdad07

Quote from: Darrel on May 13, 2017, 10:50:10 PM
For what ever reason, this video wouldn't play here on the forum. Had to go watch it on YouTube.  Good to see your kids are involved. I have some grandsons that like helping me.

The kids make our projects here a lot of fun.  My son (9) is an old soul with my sense of humor and he's discovering his work ethic.  Makes for some good entertainment and some good future stories.  My daughter, who's 8, is the one with endless imagination, she's a lot of fun to watch.  We have one more daughter who is just over a year old.  She hasn't made any appearances yet.  Glad you enjoyed it.

jimdad07

Moved the mill this weekend back to the barn slab and its home for the next few years, it will get moved one more time to a leanto on the side of the barn once I get it built...better finish the barn first I guess.  She's level and retuned, after I moved it it was out of what with the bunks by just over an 1/8" across the blade.  That's fixed.  I hate moving the mill, almost wished I had bought the trailer version but it was just a little more than I could afford at the time.

https://youtu.be/O0-ZLeY-XI0

Thank You Sponsors!