iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need some help sourcing conveyor parts

Started by GRANITEstateMP, May 13, 2017, 11:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

Well we're slowly upgrading the ole' firewood processor system at my place.  I've got a Hakki 1x37 with a log lift and it works fine, BUT, trying to up my production.  I've got a used infeed deck off a CRD wood processor and that will feed the processor .  The problem is the 1x37 has a short infeed belt.  Me and my buddy have started to build an "intake" conveyor, also belt drive.  I can find the rollers I need and I'm pretty sure I've got a source for the belting.  What I really need help with is the drive roller.  I've got -0- on the kind of roller I need there.  The 1x37 has a roller that looks like a paddle wheel on a river boat but the "paddles" are flat.  I will try and find a pic of it.  The conveyor will be flat, belt will be about 8in wide and run about 12ft of table.  Any help is appreciated!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

North River Energy

Take a look at the Rapistan conveyor site and see if anything there looks appropriate.
I have one of those in a state of misassembly, if you want to take a look at the drive roll etc.

GRANITEstateMP

Thanks!  I will check the site out on Tues when I'm near a real computer again.  One of these days I'll swing on in and introduce myself, not like I don't drive by a dozen times a week.

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

GRANITEstateMP

I spoke with Jim from PRC Industrial out of Portland, ME.  He's the NH sales rep.  He's coming to look at what I'm running and an get an idea of what we're building, and see about prices.  I'll let you know how it all works out.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

GRANITEstateMP

Starting to pull this project off the back burner.  I've got a source for the belting and prices on the drive and driven roller for my infeed table.  The problem is the rollers are super expensive!  I understand the drive roller being pricey but the driven / idler whatever you want to call it is almost as much!  The roller needs to be 10in wide, and we're trying to get a 6in diameter (that might be why it cost so much).  I've got an email into to a place in MN, that deals with used Rapistan conveyors to see if they've got anything but figured my Forestry Forum friends would be able to come up with something!

Thanks,

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

dave_dj1

Can you make a roller out of a piece of 6" well casing and a couple of end caps welded on with a bearing on each end?

North River Energy

Pardon the dumb question, but why belting vs chain, or hourglass rollers?

Thank You Sponsors!