iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Graduation

Started by paul case, May 12, 2017, 11:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

Do they get any choice at all in the posting process? If so best have her choose something out of province so none of yer friends get it! At least don't send her north!!
I can believe it feels satisfying to know you raised a child to do well and now you get to see her success.
Congratulations!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

samandothers

Congratulations on raising a wonderful girl with the drive and ability to accomplish this feat!

rjwoelk

Griz. She will be at kamsack sk
sask was her first choice
Her first day is a friday night shift. 3 reservation in the area. She will be well initiated.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

rjwoelk

She knows some christian members and will be able to talk to him for the things that she cant discuss with anyone else. His wife told her to call her for the things she can.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Grizzly

We're in a similar area with 3 nearby reservations. 1 in particular provides for a lot of high speed traffic with flashing lights. The other 2 are quieter. Anyway, glad to hear she'll be in good hands.
We've been invited to powwows and such but most of my native friends tell me to stay away. Too much violence. Too bad, cause they do have some good traditions.

Dudaks

Congrats to all the graduates and their families! My son will be graduating this evening in the stadium, weather permitting. He has been accepted to Drexel and I couldn't be more proud. Hard to believe the day is here. He has been focused about what he wants to do from a pretty young age. His major will be electrical engineering, which I hope meets with his expectations. Very proud of his accomplishments and excited for his future.

Magicman

Thank You for sharing your excitement.  We rejoice with you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Good for him.  Any of the engineering fields are good and help teach problem solving and logical thinking.

Grizzly

I haven't noticed not one single member talkin bout graduatin from the School of Hard Knocks.  ???

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Grizzly on June 16, 2017, 10:51:20 AM
I haven't noticed not one single member talkin bout graduatin from the School of Hard Knocks.  ???

That's because you don't graduate until this life is over... In the meantime you are just held back for another year of lessons.

Herb

Ron Scott

~Ron

rjwoelk

My daughter that Graduated from the RCMP at age four. The foal is still with us and is very dear to her.

rjwoelk

Her she is after RCMP Grad and posting. Grandma (97) hurt her back and was feeling poorly, but sure perked up when her granddaughter showed up in her Red Serge.

Magicman

That picture of two happy ladies is a true family treasure.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rjwoelk

Thanks mm.
Pretty much a 70 year spread.
She became my step mom when i turned 4. And has been mom to a family of 8. 3 girls and 5 boys. She had never been married and took on that job i believe at about 40. That was after a 6 week court ship.

samandothers

Strong women run in your family it appears.  In this case I believe it is the strong will and determined spirit!

caveman

I am at the University of Florida's College of Ag and Life Sciences graduation ceremony. 3/4 of the forestry team that won the national FFA forestry contest in 2014 graduated here tonight. Two earned forestry degrees and the other an ag communications degree. They will all begin their masters programs next month. 

The boys pictured are tonight's graduates. I am doing
My best imitation of 4x4 DUG - posting from my phone. 
Caveman

fishpharmer

Congratulations to all of those pictured, including you Caveman!!  
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

maple flats

Wow, good work all.
I didn't even attend my own college graduation, I was working that day, they mailed my diploma to my house.
However, I have attended the graduations of all my kids and grandkids, both HS and College. Last month I missed one, but it was restricted to his parents and sister. He graduated from Naval basic, and is now in another school, before he is sent to California for 6 months Seal Training. So far several have been "weeded" out but he is still gung ho. His graduation was streamed live on TV, but during the whole ceremony we could not figure which one he was. There were like 800 and they all looked the same.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

thecfarm

That is good. Mighty good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

I attended another high school graduation last night, kind of hard to believe it has been a year since I started this.

The graduation was at Commerce High School in Commerce, OK the town where the church I pastor is located. It was a good ceremony, not too long. Nice temp controlled gymnasium was comfortable even with a full house. There was a glitch in the sound system, their music player to be exact and it would not play the national anthem and as it was cutting out, the pastor of FBC in Commerce and I picked it up and all joined in to finish Star Spangled Banner. That was real neat and the whole crowd together sounded much better than a recording.

It was kind of bittersweet for me as there were many of the graduates that attend my church that have plans to move away for school or work. 

Congratulations to all the graduates of 2018.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

caveman

We attended another graduation ceremony today at the University of Florida.  Our daughter, Shelby, who graduated high school two summers ago graduated with her bachelor's degree today.  The forestry team pictured earlier in this post also had some graduates today.  The three boys all were awarded their master's degrees today.  Lexi, the girl in the forestry team picture, graduated from UF last spring and will begin teaching agriculture on Monday at a middle school in our county.  There were about 2500 from four different UF colleges who were awarded diplomas today.

Shelby and her boyfriend, Taeler.
Shelby and the grumpy old man. I only wear my gator shirt to special occasions.  It is a bit painful for me to wear (even though I do serve as an adjunct for them for ag mechanics).
Caveman

WDH

Congrats proud Pop.  You done good. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doc henderson

@CaveMann glad to see she got her mom's looks :o :D.  congrats!  Bachelors in 2 years!  guess she got her mom's smarts too!  congrats on the boys as well. great accomplishments.  I am sure dad gets some credit as well.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

caveman

Doc, she has been on a mission since she graduated high school.  She moved back home from Gainesville at Christmas break and took most of her classes on line.  She did have to drive 240 miles round trip one day a week last semester for a class but she has been invaluable to our family since my oldest daughter had her son last December and my dad had a debilitating stroke in February.  Shelby has stepped up to the plate, so to speak.  She watches my grandson four days a week, helps my mother with my Daddy.  She has some options and I told her there is no hurry.  She has gone to school every year since she was five.

I have encouraged her to apply to be a substitute teacher.  Our department can give her some work.  I have discouraged her from teaching as a career due to the job expectations and the pay but it would not be a bad gig for a few years.

My youngest starts high school tomorrow morning.  She has me for first and third periods (poor kid). 

They all got the pretty from their mother.  They probably got their hard heads and pleasant dispositions from me.  

Anyway, I am proud of them and the effort that they put in.  
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!