iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I had to say goodbye

Started by Deese, May 10, 2017, 06:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

Saying goodbye is almost never easy. But sometimes it is in the best interest for everyone involved.

Recently, my girl has been constantly complaining about how I'm treating her. She said that I've just been working her too hard. So, I let her run off with another man and she seems to be happy now.

I had the lovesick blues, and I knew I had to get past it somehow. After dating around, I found a new gal and decided to bring her home. I hope she likes to work.

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Ga Mtn Man

Your a little young for a "trophy-wife", ain't ya? :laugh:  Congrats on the trade-up.  I'm sure you'll have many happy years together.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Peter Drouin

Nice,  8) 8) 8) 8) smile_banjoman
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

For different reasons, I'm sure that you and the seller are both happy.  That is a Cat engine?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Delawhere Jack

:) Lots of grins in your future!

Darrel

Congratulations and may you have many happy years together!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Deese

Yes sir it is a CAT engine. I'll probably go ahead and do the preventative gasket maintenance on it sometime soon. I set it up after work today and sawed one slab off a pine log right at dark. I've got to learn how to use the Accuset 2 in a hurry because there is sawing to be done.
Cooks AE4P Edger

YellowHammer

You'll love it.  Nice machine.  Accuset 2 rules. 8)
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

dustintheblood

Heads up..... bigger mill = bigger production = more wood = more girlfriends toys.   ;D ;D
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

Deese

I've got around fifty-sixty 18"-32" syp logs on the ground that need to be sawn into 4/4 this weekend.
I'm ready to make some sawdust. This thing will chew through a pine log like nothing I've ever seen. This machine is just the first component of the goals/plans I have committed to. Chasing my American Dream, learning and having a blast along the way.
Cooks AE4P Edger

Deese

And this thing has a gazillion electrical components on it and all I know is that I can make it saw through a log like there's no tomorrow. I'll figure it out
Cooks AE4P Edger

Jeff

Congrats on the new to you mill!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

4x4American

Deese accuset is real simple.  Bibbyman has a 20min vidja online explaning how to use it.  I might make a shorter one kinda like a readers digest version for the impatient people like myself lol
Boy, back in my day..

TKehl

Congratulations!!!!!!!! 

I hear you following the dream.  I'm pursuing my own similar version.  I may still be a wage slave for a while, but I'm building in resilience and income diversification at the same time.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

petefrom bearswamp

Wow from a Yugo to a Cadillac so to speak.
Congrats.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thechknhwk

If you want to call me sometime I can walk you through it.  PM me for number if you want.  Congrats on new mill. 8)

Magicman

Since there aren't many SuperHydraulic sawmills for sale, I'm guessing that your new sawmill was for sale, then not for sale, and then obviously for sale again.  If so, it has 2650 hours on it?? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

Congratulations Deese. Check out Marty Pearsons post ,headless cat, it will be helpful.
al glenn

John S

2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Deese

Quote from: Magicman on May 11, 2017, 08:15:17 AM
Since there aren't many SuperHydraulic sawmills for sale, I'm guessing that your new sawmill was for sale, then not for sale, and then obviously for sale again.  If so, it has 2650 hours on it??

You are correct, sir.

Quote from: thechknhwk on May 11, 2017, 07:52:30 AM
If you want to call me sometime I can walk you through it.  PM me for number if you want.  Congrats on new mill. 8)

Thanks buddy, I'll send you my number. About to head home now to play with the mill.
Cooks AE4P Edger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 11, 2017, 08:15:17 AM

Its in storage.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sixacresand

Congratulations, Deese.  I bet you wished you could have kept the blue one, too.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Deese

Quote from: Sixacresand on May 12, 2017, 01:17:56 PM
Congratulations, Deese.  I bet you wished you could have kept the blue one, too.

Yes sir, it is a great well built machine. I sold it to a man less than 10 miles down the road. He seems to be happy with it, so it worked out for everyone.
Cooks AE4P Edger

Thank You Sponsors!