iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ez boardwalk sharpener

Started by hopm, May 10, 2017, 01:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopm

Anybody have any advice the ez boardwalk sharpener? I realize not much different from chainsaw sharpener....but the price point is interesting.

paul case

I had one. Worked great. I put the $100 cbn wheel on it to keep from having to shape the stone a lot. It would sharpen about 150 bands before the cbn wheel needed replaced.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

BWoody

Great post.  I just purchased an EZ Boardwalk 40 used and it came with the EZ sharpener, but I do not have any instructions.  Can anyone explain how to set up this type of sharpener?  Can anyone also explain what part of the band the sharpener should contact during the grinding?  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

paul case

I cannot remember what the angle was to set the cutter at. You really need the instruction sheet. I bet EZ boardwalk would send you one If you would just call and ask for it.

I had set mine up using a new band. Put it in the sharpener, with the grind motor off, set the tooth advancer so that the grinder just barely touches the face of the tooth. You will also need to set the stop so that the grinder just barely touches the gullet at the bottom. I think I also used a new band to set the head angle so that it matched the original tooth angle.

Congrats on the new mill. I think you will like it and it will provide you years of reliable service.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

paul case

pc

BWoody

Thanks for the advice.  The video helps me get a better understanding.  I will contact EZ today.  Saw came with 23 bands.  Some are sharp, some are not. 

paul case

Oh so it is ''new to you''.

Where did you get it? Could it be the one I used to have?

PC
pc

BWoody

Paul,
I bought the mill from a man in Cassville Missouri.  Drove from the upstate of South Carolina (858 miles) to pick it up.  I am pretty sure that the man I purchased the mill from was the original owner. 

paul case

My EZ40 had a 20 hp honda motor and a pineywoods hydraulic turner welded in the frame.

PC
pc

Thank You Sponsors!