iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor show in VA

Started by Jim_Rogers, May 08, 2017, 05:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Over this last weekend I traveled to the mid Atlantic region on business. While down there, I decided to go see a client at the Halifax County Heritage & Antique tractor show.

It was a bit of a drive south from my cousin's house just outside of DC. But I got there on Saturday morning.
I found the guys I was looking for and saw them working on a timber frame for a grist mill that they are going to erect on that site.

While there I got to see some antique tractors and some other great stuff.

Here is a tractor with a "rumble seat":

I spent many hours on a tractor like this mowing our lawn and blowing snow:

My brother in law had a tractor just like this:

I did see a nice woodmizer sawmill a friend of mine brought there:

A late 80's LT40 he has been fixing up.

He also brought his single mill:

I didn't get it see it run, but it was cutting some nice cedar shingles out of some small log chunks.

Lots of old chain saws with long bars cutting cookies off big oak logs. Most of them were very noisy and none of the operators were wearing ear protection at all.

My customer's crew were working on the frame:

Here is the floor system that they set up to show everyone how big it was going to be:

Here is a shot of the metal water wheel gears:

They only set up the water wheel so people could see it and they only attached one small section of the gears on the wheel:

They showed me the foundation area:

And they invited me back to the site for raising day.
Hopefully, I'll be able to go.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ljohnsaw

Pretty neat.  That line shaft running off the water wheel looks like it is going to be going pretty fast!  I hope to see progress on the frame in the near future.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!