iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mowing the lawn.

Started by thecfarm, May 07, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

It depends on the size of the sticks and debris. Leaves and small twigs are not going to break the spindle housings, stumps the size of broomsticks and rocks will. Mulching blades are designed to cut grass into fine clippings and return them to the soil surface as mulch, they are not an alternative to bagging or raking a coarse lawn covered in debris.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LeeB

Uh, OK. Sometimes humor is hard to express in writing.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

coxy

Quote from: sawguy21 on May 23, 2017, 10:51:41 PM
The blade spindles are designed to be sacrificed, they prevent major breakage or injury and are a good money maker. The machine is a grass cutter, not a brush hog or scarifier. Quit trying to move rocks or stumps.
I did not hit any of them you mention I hit a soft ball  ;) :)

gspren

Coxy, maybe you could try keeping the belt a bit looser so there is some slippage.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

coxy

that's a good thought  8)

DelawhereJoe

I've had to replace a spindle from a blade being grossly off ballance, wasn't my mower and I wasn't cutting, but it was missing almost 2.5" from one side of the blade. The culprit is very hard on mowers, mows as fast as possible and sometimes may hit a stump or 5.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Raider Bill

Our growing season is here. I mow 4 yards [3 rentals]. My yard gets mowed twice a week  once the summer rains start which should be soon.
I like mowing, I hate weed whacking.

Speaking of HOA's there's one in Tampa that set up stop sign cameras. They fine you if you don't come to a complete stop.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

Our niece got nailed by one installed by the county, $187 fine. She is not happy.
The weather has finally warmed up and the lawn is dry enough I can mow once a week. It is a lot easier especially with the push mower and the lawn looks a lot better, grass is taking over from the weeds.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!