iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mowing the lawn.

Started by thecfarm, May 07, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Quote from: thecfarm on May 08, 2017, 09:01:42 PM
21incher,you need some rocks to mow around.
I do have 3  ;D the roller pushes the rest back down into the mud.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

Well, no rain today, but the grass was still a little on the "wet" side!

I just got sick of looking at it and just started mowing!  I ran the throttle a little higher than I normally do, to aid in blowing the grass out of the deck!

Looks pretty good and it is finally mowed!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

3 rocks.  ::)  ??? 
This is behind the house.
Some rocks are 2 feet above the ground.

This is below the house. I am digging a few out.

Just for size. That is a yard stick.I think that is the rock on the right in the above picture.

Can I borrow that roller? :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Better left for the trees.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

thecfarm I think you are going to need a much bigger roller then the one that I use.  :o :o :o Around here they sell rocks that large for big bucks.   :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

Just like money in the bank.  :D
Can't really tell by the picture,I bet there is over 100 rocks in this pile.

As my Father use to say,I could not run fast enough to give them away.
Not much of a market for rocks that size here. Send them my way,I'll give you 10%.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

When I see a pile of rocks like that all I can think of are SNAKES running-doggy running-doggy running-doggy running-doggy running-doggy

coxy

hey hey don't be tellen the out of staters about our rock markets   :D :D :D  and ya the bigger the rock piles the bigger the snakes 

thecfarm

Nope,never seen a snake in The Rock Pile. I saw many a wood chunks in there. That pile is getting smaller by the day,one rock a day,goes up into the bog.

Magicman

All  the grass at the Cabin got mowed during the past couple of days and the only mishap was when some debris wrapped around the blade spindle. 

This was nothing that some careful knife work and then a trip to the Health Dept. to get a Tetanus shot couldn't/didn't take care of.  Actually they now call it a Tdap vaccination.  Oh yes, and the bandage.   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Lynn, I really enjoy MOST of your pictures but man, you need to start wearing armor or something  ;)

Magicman

Think that it looks bad, you shoulda felt it.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

you shur do keep the docs well paid  :D :D

21incher

Quote from: Magicman on May 12, 2017, 12:47:53 PM
Think that it looks bad, you shoulda felt it.   :o
The pain is there to remind us not to do it again. Hope you heal quickly. Reminds me that I have not had one of those shots in about 5 years. :)

Kbeitz

My wife is from Dominican Republic and they don't mow grass down there.
I don't think I could ever get her to mow the grass. I make it a habit to watch
for tractors and mowers every time I go to the DR. I have only seen one push
mower and it was on a back of a motorcycle.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

When I first moved to WV I seriously considered posting a sign "Anyone caught stealing the rocks or multi-flora roses will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law". I was hoping people would think they were valuable and might come take them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ox

It would have worked around here.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sandhills

Can I add muskthisle, erc seedlings, and leafy spurge to that sign?

coxy

do they make steel spindle housing for the mower decks these potmetal ones suck every time I hit something they brake the last time 2 days ago it was a soft ball put the blade through the deck shredded the belt bent the blade  I think I'm going to try to make something different for it they bang me 60 $ a pop for them I think they are making a 55$ profit cause they are junk

LeeB

check on amazon. I bought 3 replacement spindles and blades for somewhere around $125.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ox

Seems like I remember Oregon selling upgraded replacement spindles...
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

Quote from: Ox on May 22, 2017, 02:32:10 PM
Seems like I remember Oregon selling upgraded replacement spindles...
they are the ones I got but still pot metal  I think that's what its called regardless its junk  ;D

Ox

Nuts.  I'm out of suggestions then...

sawguy21

The blade spindles are designed to be sacrificed, they prevent major breakage or injury and are a good money maker. The machine is a grass cutter, not a brush hog or scarifier. Quit trying to move rocks or stumps.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LeeB

You mean I can't use it to mulch the sticks and debris in the yard? Why the heck did they sell me mulching blades?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!