iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood Mk IV Max log diameter

Started by GusHigh, May 06, 2017, 03:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusHigh

Hi Folks,

I've searched online fairly hard trying to find the maximum log diameter on an Norwood Lumbermate Mark 4 with no luck.    I did find one a spec on an online add somewhere saying that the max board width is 18".  Assuming that is correct, I'm guessing that would put the max log diameter around 26"  Does that sound about right?

Thanks.

Savannahdan

Hope this, from Norwood, helps:
When you call toll-free at 1-800-567-0404, a customer-service representative will cross-reference your sawmill's serial numbers and give you personalized advice on your mill's technical history.  If you just bought your Norwood sawmill second-hand, call to register your ownership right away.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Savannahdan

I found a newsletter on their site that has a comparison chart in it of their sawmills.  It's the Summer 2011 newsletter.  You get to it by going through Owner Resources.  Hard to read the chart but it looks like 28" Max Log Diameter and 20" Max Board Cut.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

GusHigh

Quote from: Savannahdan on May 06, 2017, 05:04:40 PM
I found a newsletter on their site that has a comparison chart in it of their sawmills.  It's the Summer 2011 newsletter.  You get to it by going through Owner Resources.  Hard to read the chart but it looks like 28" Max Log Diameter and 20" Max Board Cut.
Wow. That's going above and beyond. Thanks so much.

sawwood

GusHigh We have a Mark 4 mill and 28" is the max size of log. The guides will do 18", but we have milled a 32" log and by removing the left guide and arm we
where able to mill it, Had to do a lot of turning. I thank I have some photos in my album you can look at and see that 32" log. I have two 36" logs to mill but
will have to trim the edges so it will fit on the mill. Will still have to turn it some till it get down small enough to use both guides. When I mill that big log and
remove the guide and arm I set the right guide roller down on the blade, just enough to keep it from jumping off. Its a lot of work but have all ways had nice
lumber from them.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Thank You Sponsors!