iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pictures of small solar kiln

Started by GeneWengert-WoodDoc, May 05, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Has anyone built a small solar kiln using the VT design (OR, IA, WI designs are identical)?  If so, do you have any pictures?  If possible, we would like a picture by May 20, 2017.  Thanks.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

greglwood

I built the larger one, 1000 bd ft I believe. If you are interested I can take some pics of it.

scsmith42

Gene, I  have some 2000 bd ft models that were based on a modified version of the VT design.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

xlogger

Scott, you can't play. You don't do anything small. :D :D
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

I am looking for maybe 400 bf to accompany an article about the mini VT kiln.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

btulloh

I'm going to buiid one about that size pretty soon. I scaled down the VT design to dry about 500 be ft.  Reality keeps getting in the way of the project.  I had hoped to have it online by early May, but ...   Soon. The way things are going it may be after your deadline, but you're welcome to pictures if it's done in time. Or started.
HM126

Wallys World

Ours is 6 x 12. It has 10 foot doors on the back. Still need to put the fans in yet but I have been using it for firewood. So far it has gotten to 132 degrees for a 1/2 hour. Built it last fall. It is the VT design.

Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

fishfighter

Quote from: Wallys World on May 09, 2017, 07:24:53 PM
Ours is 6 x 12. It has 10 foot doors on the back. Still need to put the fans in yet but I have been using it for firewood. So far it has gotten to 132 degrees for a 1/2 hour. Built it last fall. It is the VT design.

Anymore pictures? Nice ;D

Joey Grimes

94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

fishfighter

Thanks. My plans will be to build mine with out the back doors. I am planning it to were I will be able to load it from the front. The roof would hinge up with the help of winches and the front wall will hinge downward. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!