iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bitter sweet day

Started by Bruno of NH, May 05, 2017, 01:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Cleaning out my 2012 work van because i had to sell it and my equipment trailer so i could repair my tractor.
One good thing I'm cleaning out my tool boxes :D
Going to have to put my side boxes back on my 2007 truck for work,they need to be painted first.
One step back in life i guess but 2 less things to register and insure.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

What's up with the tractor?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

I let someone run it this winter when I was sick
Front drive shaft splines stripped
Both rear axle seals leaking and they ran it will the backhoe poped of the pin so it bounced all the time and blew the valve body out
It's not leaving my mill yard again after I get it fixed
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

I wanted to get an edger this year but that's out the window now :(

OH logger

that sucks bud. sorry for your loss. I hate it when that happens. that's why I hate to loan things out and hate even more to borrow someone elses tools.
john

Magicman

Oh my, how dreadful.  :-\   Either not caring or ignorance but the outcome is the same.

Thankfully you had a backup but I'm sure that it is much more bitter than sweet.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

All I can say is Wow, Some guys are not too smart with tractors, Like spinning the wheels, That's what did most of the damage.
What did the guy say when you asked him why it happen?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

It's the company I subcontract to for condo repair and snow plowing.
They blame it on other things
I can't say much if I want to work there
It's kind of like pay to play I guess
It's not going back this winter
The mill is not quite there yet for me to make a full time living yet
I'm close but need a couple of things to make it work
My wife has told me for years I'm to nice in business

Bruno of NH

To do the rear seals they tell me the tractor need to be split apart to fix $12 worth of seals

Bruno of NH

If it was before 2007 when I was doing commercial work and had 4 guys working i would just trade it in for a kubota 75hp skidsteer :D
But now I,m into trimming as much debt as i can for a more low key life style.
I like milling and I,m good at selling my wood products

petefrom bearswamp

Sorry to hear this
the old saying "neither a borrower nor a lender be"
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

dgdrls

Very sorry to hear, 
I'm certain your tractor was broken
by someone who had no interest in it
and has never had to make or pay for repairs like that.
Just amazing to me,  folks who beat the tar out of stuff, yours or theirs,
then just walk away without a care.

Oh, They are usually the first to complain about broken tools

D

Bruno of NH

The 2007 GMC is like an old pair of boots you don't want to junk yet because they still feel good on your feet :D
It will work out but I thought one of the guys running my tractor was a friend >:(

sandhills

I pretty well know how you feel, I bought half interest in a payloader with my boss at the sale barn, every time I need it so does he, and every time I get it I have to fix it, you never know who's running it or taking care of it there.  I really hate borrowing equipment for these reasons and I like to think I'm a careful operator, I have to be because I have to fix all my stuff, wish you were closer I have a nice set of splitting stands laying in my shop.

thecfarm

I had a brother like that borrow it,break it,than expect me to fix it each time. Was not his fault. I stopped lending after a few times of that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I've got one like that too, Ray!   ::)

He doesn't borrow from me anymore!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!