iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How/what do you do to stay sane when your down

Started by coalsmok, May 04, 2017, 01:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coalsmok

Currently down and on heavy antibiotics and a clear liquid diet thanks to a case of diverticulitis, so I don't have a lot of energy to do things. I'm on day 2 of seven and am going out of my head with boredom and I would almost kill for a ham biscuit.   
  Used to being up and going from can to can't or until the job is done. My brain can only handle so many movies and internet time a day.

WV Sawmiller

Staying sane would mean you first have to be sane so that lets me out. I knew a guy once who was sane but I found he was boring and just no fun to be around.

Hang in there. If you're on forced rest go ahead and read up on all the FF threads starting at the finish with Mr. Tom and others.

Get well soon. Hope everything goes well with you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ox

Whittle something with wood and a blade.  Makes you feel a little more in the woods...
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sandhills

fish  :)
edit: I'm also along the same lines as WV, I guess you have to be sane first  ;).

red

Crazy people don't know they are crazy. So your fine . Read about Quality of Life . Don't say it can't get worse because it Will.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

21incher

Have you tried to find some interesting e books? Most local libraries are online and a good book can make time disappear. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

I get the heck out of the house and go visit people!

Takes my mind off of whatever is getting me down!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

i know some what how you feel my wife has/gets it and she is a miserable         till she starts getting better hang in there it does get better don't know if you can drive but thats what she does to help ease the pain of boredom she will also crochet maybe try that :D sorry had to put that in there   the hard part is not being able to eat the things you want

coalsmok

Well my sanity has never been established. Lots of people look at the way I go and work and call me crazy, especially with keeping my two boys with me when it's safe to do so.  But I can not stand to just sit anymore 15yrs or so of 200-300miles a day on a pickup along with working 40+ at work, then farming and whatever else. It's okay if I decide to sit not to be forced to.

It will be better in the morning. Wife called my family doctor and asked them about me being on a clear food diet that long. Apparently they thought that 7 days was a bit excessive, told her I could eat low fiber foods in moderation until they see me on Monday. I didn't have the energy to walk out to the front yard and feed my chickens without resting. Got a couple small plain burritos for supper and feel lots better now.

WV Sawmiller

Reminds me of the guy who tried to avoid legal prosecution using an insanity plea which did not work. He was convicted and court told him they found he was sane. After that he would show his court certificate to his friends and co-workers and say "You think you are sane but I have proof I am."

Hang in there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandsawmill14

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 04, 2017, 10:39:30 PM
   Reminds me of the guy who tried to avoid legal prosecution using an insanity plea which did not work. He was convicted and court told him they found he was sane. After that he would show his court certificate to his friends and co-workers and say "You think you are sane but I have proof I am."

Hang in there.
:D :D :D i use my cat scan as proof i have a brain ;D that has been questioned for many years both by family and the small community i live in :D ::)

hang in there coalsmok you will be back at it in  day or 2 :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have the same thing. I've only had 1 attack and it was bad. In the hospital for 3 days.
I was put on rest for a week and only ate soft foods with no seeds.
I sill went out and road the atv and sat in the deer stand and hunted.....it was deer season.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coalsmok

Well my wife and the doc decided I needed to go back to work and get off from under her feet 8) 8). 

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

red

Well did you pass the Sanity Test ?  Or did the Doctor say this guy is Nuts just let him GO . .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

Reminds me of the tale Dad used to tell about the old man charged with a crime and his hotshot lawyer told him every time the prosecutor or judge asked him something to just say "Baad". He did that and after several attempts the judge said "This guy is an idiot and can't be held responsible, get him out of here. Case dismissed." The man and the lawyer left and the the lawyer gave the guy his bill and the old man looked at it and said "Baad".
Howard Green

low_48

I'd never go to a burrito as my first food off a clear liquid diet! But just me. I've had gut issues all my life, found out 8 years ago to go to a gluten free diet and it's helped a lot. Doesn't do anything for my diverticula though.

First question, what antibiotic do they have you on? Years ago, I called my family doctor after not feeling well after finishing the pills the gastro doc gave me. A month latter, I could barely lift my right arm. I thought I did something to blow up my shoulder. It finally got better. Many months passed and I got another infection. Family doctor prescribes the same thing, Avelox. Before taking the first pill this time, for some reason I read all the warnings. I then read about it on-line. Turned out to be a black box drug. First implemented in 1979, black box warnings highlight serious and sometimes life-threatening adverse drug reactions within the labeling of prescription drug products. That drug carries the warning that especially in people over 60, it may cause spontaneous tendon ruptures! I called the doctor to tell them how mad I was, then never went back to him. I couldn't believe he would not give me a personal warning when giving me anything like that. You can read on-line how that line of drugs has ruined people's lives!

My homemade remedy, now that I know how it feels when the infections starts, is to drink gallons of water and LOTS of Metamucil when the discomfort or slight fever starts. I literally mean gallons. My Mom had to have a section of colon removed, so follow all the doctor's orders. A few days off food is a lot easier than having a section of colon removed!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!