iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Early Fawn

Started by capt dick, May 02, 2017, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt dick

Early Fawn while hunting morels

WV Sawmiller

Great shot. I love to find them. The does drop them inside my pasture on a slope above my old goat barn and I look for and find them every year (Not every trip - sometimes have to look 2-3 times a week before I find them). They should start being born any day here. Ours are mostly born in May & June.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

A very nice picture. Thank you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

looks to be a little buck fawn  8)

sandhills

A few years ago I was walking along fixing fence in a pasture we rent when I happened to step on one a little bigger than that, he was bedded down in tall grass right along side some plum thickets.  Judging by the squeal it let out and the squeal I let out I'm still not sure who was more terrified  :D.  Took me a bit to collect all the staples I lost from my bucket then got past the thickets and saw momma anxiously waiting for it, she was just beyond them, no harm was done but I may have survived a mild heart attack  ::).

Texas Ranger

Used to walk up on them in the woods once in a while.  One so curious he stuck around till I was almost in arms distance.  I must have (probably) smelled bad, cause he took off.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

If they're really young and you get close enough before they notice you, they will drop "flat on the ground".

Just something their mom has taught them!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!