iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any fisherman here?

Started by sandsawmill14, May 01, 2017, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

hows the fishing ???  all the rain has had us messed up on the catfishing only got to go out on the river once so far this spring :-\   but we have been fishing below a dam from the bank and cant complain :) me and my brothers always go together and we have caught over 300 keepers so far this spring with maybe 15-20 being small catfish and the rest being about 1/2 crappie and the other 1/2 white bass :) last week we caught about 30 good size bream/shellcrackers but this was the first of year for them but the time is right for them and catfish too now ;)  our best night this spring was 38 keepers ;D and i have no idea how many small ones we put back ???
i love catching big fish so catfishing is what i love but when we go fishing we fish for what is biting and take minnows for crappie/white bass, nightcrawlers everything will bite them ;D ,crickets for bream/ bluegill and use either rooster livers or skipjack for catfish ;D so you might say we go prepared :D :D :D
what are you guys/gals catching ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sawguy21

I have not been out yet, the water is running high and fast.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandsawmill14

its pretty rough here too right now  :-\ we are fishing 30-40 yards farther up the bank than normal :-\  and 2 fisherman drown when their boat got sucked over the spillway last week :( at the dam i was talking us fishing at  :o :( a good time can go bad real fast when the water is high :-\

sandhills

We walk to the river from our front door, takes about 2 or 3 minutes to get to where we usually start  :).  Haven't been down there yet this spring, May 1 had 2 inches of snow on the ground  :-\.

sandsawmill14

yall are getting a late start ;) we started fishing the last week of feb :o but it has been unusually warm this spring though :)

sandhills

Should be going tonight, the sun has actually shined again, they gotta be hungry  ;D.  We've moved my 2 step kids into their new houses, my oldest graduates highschool along with 2 of her first cousins this month, and it's been a really cold wet spring here so haven't planted a seed yet, the fishing doesn't look too promising right now  :-\.  I'm hoping June will look a little better!  Come to think of it though, maybe a guy could throw out a set line or two...

sandsawmill14

yep or maybe a few jugs if you have somewhere they cant get way :)

Briankinley2004

Went out to the Green Canyon a couple weeks ago. Got 8 yellowfin. Highlight was hooked up on 3 at once and landed them all

sandsawmill14

Magicman

Wow, a great trip for sure.  Friends and Fish mix well together!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

every year I say I'm going to do more but never even go  :(

gspren

I've been fishing but not catching although it's early. I actually do more crabbing than fishing but love it either way.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandsawmill14

Quote from: gspren on May 03, 2017, 10:22:09 PM
  I've been fishing but not catching although it's early. I actually do more crabbing than fishing but love it either way.
as long as you enjoy it is all that matters :)
Quote from: coxy on May 03, 2017, 09:12:04 PM
every year I say I'm going to do more but never even go  :(
just git your pole walk off and go fishing ;D you will be amazed how little that 3-4 hrs mattered anyway ;)  now dont walk off and leave somebody broke or bleeding  but if they are just badly bent its a judgement call and your the judge ;D :D :D :D

Briankinley2004

gonna go shoot some fish this weekend if the weather in the gulf dies down. Amberjack is closed so we probably won't be shooting big ones. Thats fine with me, at my age I don't have anything to prove

coxy

I like to walk but I'm walking over 3 miles to go fishing   :) ill drive  :D I have never had any trouble doing what I want  and she never gets any flack from me to do what she wants the only difference is she will give me a week or so notice ill give her maybe 3-4hours :D i never take her fishing with me anymore cause she always catches  them bigger than me and I'm not having that  ;D

sandsawmill14

sandhills

6 years ago on my wife's birthday, I was too busy carrying fish to the cooler and we didn't have near enough bait, every time I'd get back down there she'd have another.  Those were the ones we kept, never had luck like that since then but still love to try  :).  Now this doesn't go any further than the www, at one point I had one hooked, we were just below a dam, and it got behind a snag.  I have know idea what it was but do know it was the biggest fish I'd ever had on around these parts anyway.  I was rather determined so I stripped down to my skivvies (broad daylight, but didn't see anyone else around) and headed in to the river.  Well, water below a dam swirls a lot and it got much deeper much faster than I thought it would, and I can't swim worth a hoot so needless to say I lost the fish, my shorts, and had a really wet ride home, but hey, I tried  :).  I'd still like to know what it was though, we were catching everything that day.

sandsawmill14

this pic is from a couple weeks ago

the cutting board they are on is 24" by 30 or maybe 36 cant remember

sorry about this pic it was about midnight last sat we we got finished but there was about 25 fish on the stringer and thats the only pic i took :( but i will try to get better pics from now on :)

Ljohnsaw

My buddy took me out in his boat on the lake by my house.  Not red hot fishing, but came away with these three trout:

18", 10" and 15".  All hold-overs - pink flesh.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sandsawmill14

all hold overs pink flesh ??? does that mean they are good to eat or not good ???  sorry we dont have trout except when the state stocks them in a local lake from about nov through feb  water is to warm rest of the year i reckon :)

Ljohnsaw

Stocked trout (at least out here) are white flesh - from not getting the best food.  If they spent a year eating good stuff in the wild, the flesh changes to orange or red, much like wild salmon and taste a whole lot better.  German Browns will usually have a golden colored flesh and are the best tasting, IMO.  They don't raise/release browns - they are all wild and smart!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sandsawmill14

capt dick

Had a Home in the Bahamas--Great fishing also Lots of Lobster.

fishpharmer

Capt Dick, ya'll grow some mighty big crawdads!   That sailtrout ain't bad either.    ;)  ;D

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandsawmill14

with pinchers that big i would be afraid to go in the water :o :D :D nice fish too :)

Thank You Sponsors!