iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snowstorm and Woodhaulers little trip today.

Started by Woodhauler, April 29, 2017, 07:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

We took our new SXSs down to the sunrise trail in ellsworth maine today! Got just shy of 200 miles on them. We both have the Polaris General. Seen quite a few sights! We was the first ones on the trail legally this year.Rode almost all the way to the ocean.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

You left out the part a out the bear. We did see one but he didn't pose for a picture.  He ran pretty fast.

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on April 29, 2017, 08:12:45 PM
You left out the part a out the bear. We did see one but he didn't pose for a picture.  He ran pretty fast.
Where did you go? I didn't see you behind me on the way home? And I left out all the deer , plus the nice looking houses downeast! :o
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

the sunrise trail is the old railroad bed. starting at Washington junction [ ellsworth] to ayers junction in pembroke. about 87 miles that is where the better rail bed stops. we continued. according to the delorme map this railbed went to calais then into nb . we turned around in baring. the atv map is not very detailed so from the delorme and the bridge we crossed baring it is. the most scenic part  the first 15 miles. if you have ever driven from ellsworth to cherryfield there are 2 ways. rt1 down the coast but not close enought to see it. or through the black woods. twists an turns over the mountains. the railbed goes between the 2 roads. you see the mountains while ridding over several causeways water on bolth sides kinda looks like they built the rail bed through several ponds

dsgsr

Nice area, my old stomping grounds. I'm from Eastbrook. I've been atv'ing since '84. I use to guide rides from that area to Rt #9 (airline snack bar) then down east to the Deblois peat plant and back, 120 mile round trip. Although I've been riding for many yrs. I've only been from ells. to township #9 on the Sunrise trail.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

snowstorm

Maybe you should be ahead of us next time and show us around

Thank You Sponsors!