iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Cabin, fresh lumber, many bugs!

Started by Randy Richy, April 29, 2017, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

the key to using any chemical whether organic or just natural or man made is the residual time i know alot of farm chemicals are completely harmless once they dry as are most other chemicals. but the key word there is MOST so do be careful :) i wont use round up in the garden but almost everything bought at the store is raised  with it being used :-\  do some careful research first but treat you wood with something before you use it if you dont and the ppb dont get you the termites will :-\ if you are very sensitive to that kind of stuff you may have to hire the treatment done instead of doing it yourself as they fresh spray could cause major problems for you  :) the only other option i know of would be to use either concrete or steel construction ??? those little boogers pecker aint stiff enough to eat those ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WDH

The disodium octaborate tetrahydrate is likely the safest and least toxic treatment, it will provide the protection you need, and it is nontoxic to animals.

There is no magic bullet.  Otherwise, after an initial heat treatment, you will have to let the bugs do what they will.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Randy Richy

Thank you so much everyone!

I guess everyone's advice comes down to:  Heat and Treat

So Nyle L53 and Tim-bur (DOT) seems the best advice for Heat and Treat for my situation.

Thanks again everyone!!!   

kensfarm

Maybe have someone else dry it for you..  a search for kiln drying in VA.  Has anyone built a lumber oven just to sanitize?  Thank you for your service.. hope you find the answers you need.   

Dozen+ VA listings here..

http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/directories/sdd.cgi?services=Kiln%20Drying&PAGE=5

1/2 dozen here

http://www.manta.com/mb_45_E01A508F_47/kiln_drying_of_lumber/virginia

Thank You Sponsors!