iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine??

Started by Magicman, April 29, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

That Moxie maybe Made In Maine,but this Mainer is not about to touch it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Yes we stopped at loggah's place for a nice visit and tour of his "relics" as he calls them. 

Here is a peek at his incredible gun vault.

And in his collection is a Lombard and other logging equipment.  I could have stayed for a week.   :o

And then Don's Wife Cheryl gave us a tour of her Art Studio.  Another eye popper.

Next on the tour was Don's Sugar House.

Where he explained the "Sugaring" operation.

And that the year is not over until next year's wood is cut, split, and stacked.

From the Sugar House we moved on to the Saw House, where Don explained that operation.

We left Don and Cheryl's place filled with the Friendship that they had shared with us.  Our Thanks to you both for your kind and generous Hospitality. 

The above pictured Timber Board Game will eventually make it's way to Jeff and the Forestry Forum.  The Maple Syrup will not.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Our last visit (too short) in N.H. was with Bruno of NH.

Jim has a very promising startup sawmilling and lumber business and I predict that he will do well.  Pat and I both enjoyed visiting with him and leaving was difficult.  This guy has a true heart and I wish that we could have stayed longer.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Those of you that are following this Topic and usually do not read the Timber and Logging Board will be interested in this sad news:  LINK.   

Also refer back to Replies #131 & 135 on page 7 in this Topic.  I was not planning to stay a Woodhauler's (Ronald Carter) place but he reached out to me through a PM and cellphone text.  I will forever remember and cherish meeting Ron, his Wife, Son, one of his two Daughters and three Granddaughters.

Rest in Peace my Friend. 

Magicman

I encountered something today that I have not seen in many years.

A gasoline pump without any option to select different grades and no option to "pay at the pump".

We drove through the "Land Between the Lakes" in Kentucky this morning.  The Buffalo were there but in the shade.

This thermometer changed from 44° to 45° in Maine before I could get a picture.

And this one changed from 101° to 100° in Mississippi before Pat could get a picture.  It is HOT down here, still 98° as I write this. 

Mooseherder

I had to put a Flannel shirt over my t-shirt late afternoon because the cool breeze was whipping.
Only 68 degrees in the cabin. ;)

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Mooseherder on July 22, 2017, 08:03:06 PM
I had to put a Flannel shirt over my t-shirt late afternoon because the cool breeze was whipping.
Only 68 degrees in the cabin. ;)

You spend too much time in the South. :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Mooseherder

I'm about to light the stove to warm things up a bit. ;)
It is 46 degrees this morning.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

And already 82° this morning here in North Mississippi.

Dave Shepard

70, a breeze, and the humidity is finally backing off a bit. I'll take it, but its a bit on the warm side for me.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

MM how many miles did you travel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all take your time visiting Lynn.....this SOUTHERN HEAT ain't letting up.  smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I did not know there was a North in Mississippi.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on July 23, 2017, 12:11:51 PM
I did not know there was a North in Mississippi.

:D :D smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

About 75 miles from home we stopped at a favorite spot.

Yup, a platter of Fried Catfish with the trimmin's.   food3

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When you get home, will you weigh in?  :o

Magicman

Yup, lost 7½ pounds.   8)  Actually just joking, I have not weighed.   ;D

Mooseherder

A Lobster Roll diet and no grits for a month. ;)

Magicman

Now I will readily admit that I/we did eat some Lobstah Rolls. 

Our kinda eating routine when traveling is to eat a cereal breakfast, stop at McD for a sausage/biscuit mid morning, and then lunch/supper about mid afternoon.  If we run out of steam we may eat a bowl of cereal or a few peanut butter/crackers with some milk before bedtime. 

Of course there are times when Ice Cream gets snuck in.  ;D

petefrom bearswamp

Oh come on Lynn
I have seen your posts with scrumptious lookin food and cant believe you and pat are are dieting while on the road.
Ice cream of course is not counted in the daily calorie intake.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Mooseherder

Dosen't help when the Mainer Ice Cream server lady gets your small order of ice cream wrong and comes back with da bigger size one.  cone_1
Man, I couldn't believe how much that man can eat. ;D

Magicman

Oh really?? 

So now someone needs to remind someone how tall their ice cream was !!!   :o

So next we will probably be told how it was dumped into the trash can so that he could eat the cone.  ::)  Now, who in their right mind would believe that??   ???

Thank You Sponsors!