iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine??

Started by Magicman, April 29, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

52F and fog here in Woodstock, across the border from Houlton.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

It was 44° here in Van Buren this morning.

I finally had to do a "Fire Dance" to warm things up a bit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Morning Dew at Cyr Plantation.  Happy Birthday Brother!

Magicman

It was nice to finally meet Mooseherder.

Glenn is a good chef.

And used that grill to turn out a fine Pork Chop meal.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Savannahdan

Not fair showing that when I only get cereal for breakfast.  I may drop by the grocery store and pickup some pork steaks.  Yum. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WDH

I did not know that they had codgers in Maine  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Looks like a good time. 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Woodhauler

Happy Birthday magicman!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

coxy

Quote from: Magicman on July 14, 2017, 07:17:32 AM

It was nice to finally meet Mooseherder.

Glenn is a good chef.

And used that grill to turn out a fine Pork Chop meal.
are you shur they are pork chops and not moose chops  I haven't seen a pic of a moose from mooseherder since you got there  :D :D

SwampDonkey

He's having 'happy birthday' moose chops tonight.  :D ;D

Mainers know good cook'n. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Moose be putting on the dog! ( old saying)
The chops look good.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

We had a full and fun day.  :)  Part of it was spent in Grand Falls, NB.
http://youtu.be/1pj1yLJtaG8

SwampDonkey

Now there's something to get your heart pumping, and possibly skip a beat.  ;D :D

Magicman

We had a wonderful day yesterday.

Complete with a Lobster Roll Lunch.

We will probably start traveling in a Southwesterly direction today.

Magicman

Bad/no internet service and I don't what happened to yesterday's reply??

We had a very nice time at Mooseherder's place, and I can assure you that he is a Master Grillin' Chef.  Thank You
Glenn for your Hospitality, and also for the "Birthday" meals.   food6

We traveled Route 11 South from Ashland and spent last night in Millinocket and will continue our travels today on Route 11 & 2.  We did stop in and tour the Patten Lumbermen's Museum.

My apologies to SwampDonkey for not being able to visit with him.  Even though we are not on a schedule as such, our travel time is still somewhat limited due to an early August Doctor's appointment.   :-\ 

SwampDonkey

That's Ok Magicman. We are in the midst of things here with selling the house and site prep for the new place. It would have been no trouble, but better times ahead, so to speak.

We've had 12 viewings this spring, it will come together eventually. Houses sell well in Grafton. :)

We usually go to the museum in Patten, second Saturday in August for the bean hole dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cauzHj7dzwg

Reflector ovens with biscuits and bean pots buried in the hill to the left, coals on top. Big 'ol coffee pots. ;)

Magicman

We are on US 2, and down for the night in Dixfield, Maine.

The highlight of our today's travel was meeting and visiting with thecfarm.  Without having any idea where I was, I drove to the road leading to his place, so it was a simple matter for Ray to retrieve us.

Two Friends finally meet.  This is at the driveway leading to his home.

Ray and his wife Brenda visiting with Pat and me on the "Woman Cave" front porch.

I wonder why Ray has never mentioned that he has Rocks??   :o

Thank You Ray and Brenda for your kind Hospitality and also for the jar of Rhubarb Preserves!   food6 

WDH

Did you get a pet rock?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

No pet rock.  Ray's rocks are much too large to ever tame! 

Woodhauler

Did you get a peek at the irving sawmill on your way through dixfeild? I have hauled many loads to them. Also a couple towns past Farmington is where I took the load I had on when you was here. Rt 2 is a nice drive, You must have seen some sights. Any moose around Ashland??
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Magicman

Sounds like we have been in the same neighborhood.  We have seen a few very large sawmills.  One a ways up Rt 11.

We have seen moose on past trips, but so far none on this trip.  Maybe there is a holdout in NH.   ;D

thecfarm

Yes,it was a joy to met both people from MS.  ;D  They almost found me. He was only about 1000 feet away. I did not even have time to get washed up.  I really do clean up good. I was outside working and was on the dirty side. But them people from away did not seem to mind at all. I had a good time visting.
Dixfield? Are you at the campsite that is between the river and Rt 2?
You might not have even passed Irving sawmill. Can't see much of it from the highway.  I sold them alot of white pine.
Breakfast out? Turn at the light in Dixfield,Weld Street?,about a mile on the left hand side is a fine place. Looks like a small store,but can seat about 40 outback. We just find the place about a month ago. Nice place to eat,nothing fancy,but good food.Seem like it was across from the school.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pretty place Ray.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

mm did you give cfarm a package from the south again  :-X  ;D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Magicman on July 16, 2017, 08:58:12 PM

We have seen moose on past trips, but so far none on this trip.  Maybe there is a holdout in NH.   ;D

Your best chances are northern Maine and New Brunswick.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!