iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine??

Started by Magicman, April 29, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

I have visited Log Rite a few times . I am always amazed how clean their shop is . Real good people.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on July 07, 2017, 06:41:27 AM
TELL ME YOU PICKED THAT UP!!
:)  Actually I spotted them (about a dozen) hiding among the other rocks/stones in Gary & Kay's (gspren) flowers/shrubs.  Kay was excited to know that she had them. 

This was hanging in the restaurant where we enjoyed Lobster Rolls for lunch.

We will begin tomorrow with a boat trip out of Kennebunkport.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Say hello to the Bush family please.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

We spent this morning on da "Lobstah" Boat.

Da Lobstah trap.

Three fish for bait.

Some more bait....yuck.

Pat is ahead on the count, so I have some catching up to do!!
Quote from: Jeff on July 07, 2017, 09:56:39 PM

Say hello to the Bush family please. 

Yes I did wave Hello to President George Bush and Barbara.  The three flags flying indicates that he is in residence.

The front view or their home.

The white buoys indicate the no-go zone during times of unrest.

The Captain gave me a turn piloting the boat.  Maybe it was the FF hat??    :)

Tomorrow we will be on the "big" boat and go 20 miles out.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Not a good time to have internet trouble. Be Monday before things will get better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Delawhere Jack

Don't know how I missed this thread for so long. Guess I need to devote more time to  smiley_book2_page the FF. It was great finally getting to meet Gary, Lynn, Joe and their lovely wives Kay and Pat.

Seems no one took the bait on the Assawoman sign photo MM. I was guessing that the goat would get a snicker out of that.

Thanks Gary and Kay for the hospitality. I was wracking my brain trying to think of something to bring along. Came up empty (not unusual for my brain...). Now it dawns on me. Scrapple! But I don't think it would do to well in the mail.

By the way. I'm not really that short. Joe and Gary are REALLY TALL. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking with it.  ;)

snowstorm

20 miles out must being fishing or a whale watch boat. Cause they can't pull lobster traps on Sunday and the lobsters are inshore by now or should be with water temps in the low 60s

Magicman

Yup, we are doing the touristy things and Whale Watching is a touristy thing.   ;D

I had to catch up with Pat on the lobsters so....

I got myself TWO. 

snowstorm

Now the proper way or my to eat lobster is. I. Get everything thing I want out of it put it in its own bowl then get ride of the shells go wash your hands. Now comes the fun part watching those that have never seen one before try to attack  it. And never ever let it squirt on anyone else. Shredders are easier to get apart and the meat is sweeter but there isn't much in them. Hard she'll having a 2 lb. Hammer helps

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now you can use that tool on your belt.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I don't think that I did too badly "shucking" those two, especially after watching other folks attacking theirs.  They were OK, but quite frankly I/we prefer to eat Lobster Rolls.  I am sure that is what we will get today after we get back from the Whale Watching boat ride.

We will continue our travels North up Hwy 1 tomorrow.  We will also be on the lookout for a parking spot for the camper when we make the Bar Harbor day trip. 

snowstorm

are you looking for a campground on the island or just a place to leave it for the day?

snowstorm

a camping spot on the island without reservations may be a problem. there is also a campground on the water in searsport. about 50 miles from bar harbor. dont forget southwest and northeast harbor

Bruno of NH

What about hermit island
I camped there once nice place
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

newoodguy78

My kids are at hermit island right now on vacation. I'm not sure but I think that is a tent only campground but could be wrong.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Being from the south I don't know but how long to you boil a Lobster?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Woodhauler

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 09, 2017, 12:32:30 PM
Being from the south I don't know but how long to you boil a Lobster?
You could boil it for a week and I still wouldn't eat one.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Bruno of NH

You boil it in with the grits :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Yup, I know that there is no possibility of camping on the island itself and probably would not want to if I could.  I'll just be looking for a place to park, hopefully have AC to plug into, and then make a day trip to the island.  50 miles away is no problem.

4x4American

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on July 08, 2017, 05:16:42 PM
Don't know how I missed this thread for so long.

haha same here!  MM if it's on your way stop in for a visit to the sawmill here in Fort Ann, NY.  There is a whole mess of campgrounds around here (Lake George NY is very popular camping destination its just over the hill) or you could park it at the sawmill as long as you taint skeered of rattlers or coyotes lol
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

We made our Whale Watching trip today.

Leaving out this morning we passed by the Lobster boat that we were on Yesterday.

President George Bush's yacht.

And the Secret Service boat that accompanies him.

And then a Total Surprise!!!!

I had no idea that thecfarm had his yacht anchored in Kennebunkport.   :o

Our tickets to ride today.

It was a perfect "Blue Sky" day.  We saw water spouts (blows) and several whales ~12 miles out which was the furthest that we had to travel.  It met all of our expectations and was a wonderful day.

Then back to Kennebunkport.

For Lobstah Rolls.

And Peanut Butter Pie Ice Cream.

Tomorrow we head North on Hwy 1.

Woodhauler

You may want to try patten pond campground in ellsworth ,maine. Its a short drive to the island from there. Nice campground on a small lake. You could park here at my place if you want. I am a short drive from Belfast if you google it. Jackson is the town . I have electric you can hook to. I just wouldn't be that good of a tour guide unless you want to ride in the westernstar!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

4x4American

Woodhauler reminded me that I also have power you could hook to if you were to come through
Boy, back in my day..

snowstorm

Bush's boat looks like a back cove. Nice to see he bought a boat built in maine

Mooseherder

I was just reading my Delorme Maine Atlas and Gazeteer.  They have 2 full pages of campgrounds and phone numbers if you need them.  If you run across an Outdoor outfitter they would probably have a copy.
I havent checked but its probably online also.

Thank You Sponsors!