iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine??

Started by Magicman, April 29, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We are North of the Mason Dixon Line

So what could be in these three bags that DelawhereJoe gave me??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I would bet on corn grits.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

We started the morning with fried eggs, potatoes, biscuits, and Scrapple.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Scrapple is first cousin to Liver Mush.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DelawhereJoe

Scrapple do you know what they put in that stuff...????? I also don't see any grits on that plate, or are you not allowed by law to eat them north/east of the Mason Dixon line ?
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Mooseherder

Did you get to eat some self-caught crabs or did ya get skunked? ???

thecfarm

Why oh why do you guys in the South have to destroy a good thing like eggs????  ???
I hope those are craps in the bag.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Actually Ray, those eggs were Gary's because he had the Scrapple.  My eggs were over easy and no Scrapple, but I did taste it.

Yes, we did catch crabs.

We baited and placed the crab pots Saturday.  Here we are headed out to check the pots and place the traps.  We spent the morning attending the traps.

Our catch was 22 keeper crabs.

Happy fishermen return.

Yes, we did have a great day and a wonderful meal.

WDH

Why did you have to motor all the way down under to catch some crabs?

:D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

So now I know that a "selfie" is upside down!!    Fixed (I hope)

Magicman

Gary took us for a look-see and showed us one of his deer hunting areas.

For whatever reason, Gary seems to prefer to the Assawoman Wildlife Area.   ;)

Magicman

We took a nice ride in Gary's 21' boat this morning out into Assawoman Bay.

Gary & Kay at the helm.

Traveling out of the canal and toward the bay.

Gary doing his thing at the helm.

This Forestry Forum guy has no face!!!  This is looking toward Ocean City, MD.

This Horseshoe crab also has no face. 

A look back toward the residential shoreline.

Magicman

So what is this that I spotted?

Could it possibly be an elusive Puddingstone??   :o

POSTON WIDEHEAD

caveman

Magicman, it looks like the good times continue to roll.  The crabs, corn and potatoes look like a good meal.  If all three of the portable gas tanks on Gary's skiff were full y'all could work most of the Atlantic coast catching blue crabs.
Caveman

WDH

Be forewarned.  Goats and crabs don't mix. 

gspren

Quote from: caveman on July 05, 2017, 07:36:17 AM
Magicman, it looks like the good times continue to roll.  The crabs, corn and potatoes look like a good meal.  If all three of the portable gas tanks on Gary's skiff were full y'all could work most of the Atlantic coast catching blue crabs.
Only two tanks, a 6 & 3 gal. the 3 gal. that was in the back got moved to the front when the 6 ran out. You are right about good times and a good meal.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Gary & Kay were wonderful hosts and we enjoyed some new experiences.

We spent last night camped beside the Delaware River South of Milford, PA.  We are now in NY and headed toward CT.

goose63

lynn did Yall bring dem thar grits wit Yall   :)  ;)  :D ?????
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thats a good picture Magic. Looks like a quite and fishy area.

coxy

where in ny are you  and what part of ct are you going to sorry for being nosy  ;D

51cub

Whereabouts in CT are you headed?
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Magicman

Not nosy coxy, we traveled I84 through NY, and CT.  We did not actually stop in NY and made one stop/visit in CT.

This place looks interesting?  Let's get a closer look here.   ;)

Yup, it's the right place.

And we met the right folks; (Kevin, MM, Tammy, & Pat)

Kevin gave us a guided tour through the entire Logtite/Riteleg,Bluecreeper facility.  "Wow" best describes all of the cutting, welding, bending, polishing, and mixing being done throughout the plant.  Thank you Kevin.

The truck that makes pickups and deliveries.

And yes, there was also time for a meal together.  Oh, and we did just happen to leave with a pair of Ritelegs for a bench that I am building.   :)

Thank You Kevin & Tammy for the wonderful time that we spent visiting you.

coxy

I was thinking you where headed there   Tammy and Kevin are great  they put up with a bunch of us every year  glad your having a great time  8)

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on July 04, 2017, 07:40:21 PM
So what is this that I spotted?

Could it possibly be an elusive Puddingstone??   :o

TELL ME YOU PICKED THAT UP!!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!