iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine??

Started by Magicman, April 29, 2017, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This was in our mailbox yesterday!   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hilltop366

That's a lot of road between you and there!

If you cross the Bay of Fundy let me know, I'm 2 miles from the ferry terminal and have a large yard.

WDH

Fried clams and Lobsta. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Hilltop366, we drove all of the way through New Brunswick last time and then to the tip of Cape Breton where we caught the ferry to Newfoundland.  I doubt that we will enter Canada this time.   :-\

WDH, Lobsta, yes, but no clams. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Do you guys have a timeframe?  Hopefully, we will be there when you go.  If you're camping, I can set you up on the property with a campsite.  Our place is 6 miles from Canada and 350 miles from The New Hampshire border.  We could have a MagicMoose Meet!

Magicman

Not absolute yet.  Our May is already used up, and probably June too because we always have the family at the Cabin on July 4th.  Right now I am hoping soon thereafter.

WV Sawmiller

Southern WV seems to be right on the route from Brookhaven to Bay of Fundy. I have a big lot in front of the house aching for visitors. Love to have you and Miz Pat stop by if it works out. 8)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Yes it is but our tentative route is much further East. 

thecfarm

Come see The C Farm rocks.  ;D  Better hurry. I dug out 6 last night and put them into the bog. I would hate for you to miss out on the rocks.  :D
No need to bring any grits. I have a lifetime supply.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The absolute very first thing that I did to that map was to find and highlight Chesterville.   ;D

Dave Shepard

I went to Chesterville once. Saw a big pile of hemlock and a lot of new Orange sawmills. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

That's on the other end of Chesterville.
This side has a pile of rocks and a green and yellow sawmill.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

The boat on the cover is the kate.in Greenville. When built it was used to tow log booms on Moorhead lake. Now you can go for a ride on the big lake

cutterboy

Magic, I have spent many, many happy hours in Maine. The beaches in the southern part of the state are beautiful. (but the water is cold) When my children were young we vacationed a few times in Wells. We always had breakfast at Congdon's, one of the great breakfast-lunch restaurants in this country. I've canoed the Moose River out of Jackman several times with the boy scouts and I've fished Moosehead Lake both summer and winter. Once a year we drive up to my wife's favorite place in Maine ::) the LLBean store in Freeport. Maine is a beautiful state and I expect you will have a good time while you are there.

All the best, Cutter

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Magicman

On our last visit we fairly well traveled the coastline before exiting at Calais.  Our sorta plans this time is to take a couple of boat rides and then to go as far East as Freeport before making a loop North and then back West. 

gspren

I always liked Kittery Trading Post better than LL Bean.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Actually we did too Gary.  We also stayed along the coastline on our last trip which is why we want to travel North and more into the mountains/interior this time.

petefrom bearswamp

I envy you  lynn annd Pat.
I cant seem to find time to get away from grandkids (my wife)
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Still two months away.   ::)

gspren

If you look up Lake Molunkus, that is near where I killed my 2 best bucks.

Magicman

I went on-line last night and bought my Delaware Non-Resident Fishing License.   fishin-smiley

DelawhereJoe

Big spender...next you'll just need someone to drive you out onto the beach. Perhaps a cooler with some cold refreshing drinks and an umbrella to hide under.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Magicman

You did.....

and I know because I have the picture.  Now say it ain't so.   :)

DelawhereJoe

When you purchase a surf tag for you 4x4 you are able to use it as a license and fish by you vehicle. It only works on the beach with your vehicle and only for 1 person. But if I go buy a license I can fish anywhere in the state all 2000 sq mi of it...more or less and keep all the polluted fish I want or am allowed too. For the longest time you didn't even need a license to fish it tidal waters, some time around or just after 2000 you needed a license to fish them, but salt and fresh are still the same one.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

gspren

That license will also allow crabbing, then when you get to Maine you need to get Lobstah!

Thank You Sponsors!