iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fair trade

Started by chet, April 23, 2017, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I think I did OK on this one.   :)  One day of sawing some red oak, for a '76 Chev Custom Deluxe.

Everything works, even the radio and CB. ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sandsawmill14

good looking old truck smiley_thumbsup i would have took that trade to :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

red

C70 maybe airbrakes 366 5 spd 2 spd
nice truck
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sawguy21

Looks pretty decent for a 40 year old dump truck, they don't tend to wear the years well.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

That is Yooper Luck  :D :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

chet

Quote from: WDH on April 23, 2017, 11:25:39 AM

Luck wood'a meant it came with a full tank of gas.   smiley_smug01
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sawguy21

:D You don't want much.

Darrel

Nice looking truck and the rubber even looks pretty good. And a truck from the 70's wouldn't be a truck without a working CB.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Kbeitz

Looks like it needs a CDL.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Chet on April 23, 2017, 02:42:00 PM
Quote from: WDH on April 23, 2017, 11:25:39 AM

Luck wood'a meant it came with a full tank of gas.   smiley_smug01
as much gas as they burn 1 tank still wouldnt have got very far ;D :D
Quote from: Kbeitz on April 23, 2017, 05:02:55 PM
Looks like it needs a CDL.

no cdl needed down here but idont know  ??? when you get that far north its a different world ;D :D :D :D

WLC

Mighty fine looking truck.  My luck isn't ever that good.  I could use a truck that size from time to time and would be tickled pink to make the trade you did.

As far as a CDL, I doubt it.  GVW has to be over 26K pounds for a single vehicle unless something has changed since I gave mine up. 
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WV Sawmiller

Chet,

IMHO you done good! The customer did too if he was happy with the trade. That is my definition of a good trade - when both parties are happy with the end results. Well done. I hope you get many years of safe and happy years service out of that truck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

red

Since the cab is so clean maybe a fire truck that someone put a dump body on. That front bumper and grill looks brand new.  I call those wheels tractor trailer wheels.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

chet

I have the original bill of sale, it was bought as a dump truck. The GVW is 25200# but it doesn't matter as I have a Class A CDL anyway.

YellowHammer

That's sweet.  You must be living right.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Jeff

Nice. Wanna race? I get a head start though as mine is 30 years older.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I 'spose I gotta remove two spark plugs and not use da high side of da split either.  ;D

fat olde elf

Good for you ,Chet !!!  See you at the Pig Roast !!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

sawguy21

:D :D Chet, I almost spit coffee on the screen, that is funny. Keep the wheels properly torqued, they have a bad habit of working loose. I believe they are no longer legal on a steering axle here.

barbender

I've not seen a Dayton wheel work loose. I've been around them a fair bit and never knew of an issue. I can see if someone installed one wrong, I've seen them going down the road wobbling 3" side to side :o
Too many irons in the fire

sandsawmill14

Quote from: barbender on April 24, 2017, 07:19:35 PM
I've not seen a Dayton wheel work loose. I've been around them a fair bit and never knew of an issue. I can see if someone installed one wrong, I've seen them going down the road wobbling 3" side to side :o
x2  and if you have to take them of to fix a flat drive it just a few miles and re torque  ;) them suckers will cut both valve stems smooth off at the rim and they are not tight when you hit the brakes >:( dot ask me how i know :-[ ;D

Thank You Sponsors!