iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mine and Don P's neck of the woods.

Started by luvmexfood, April 22, 2017, 03:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Anyone ever watch Andrew Zimmerman on the Travel Channel. He has a couple of food shows. He has traveled the world show casing local cuisine and bizarre eats. He was filming in this area this week. I know ramps was one of the things they were showing.

He is on the right. The young man on the left is a local chef and the son of an old friend. Additionally, I think the show "American Pickers" filmed in this area in January.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sandhills

That's just cool, I watch his shows more than most others (sorry survivor addicts  ;)).  Not sure I'd try some of the things he does though!

Don P

Cool, Folks here have been gathering ramps for a week or so.
While on R&R I was running produce, meat and eggs from local farms here up and down the mountain a couple of years ago and during ramp season I stuffed the Honda full and took off. Your nose kind of goes numb after an hour or so. I didn't think much of it and stopped at Lowes on the way back. I think I had a 3 aisle wide buffer zone all to myself as people would turn around and look, their eyes would start watering and they'd head for the far end of the store  :D.

Thank You Sponsors!