iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

komatsu

Started by coxy, April 28, 2017, 05:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

20 ag dozer with rubber tracks do the steering clutches run in oil a buddy has one and one clutch is stuck  how hard are they to fix any info would be great

Jdwoody

I assume that the dozer is a D20-something. I have a D21-A6 which is a power shift model. I recently put new clutches and seal in mine and it took me two decent days. The clutches in mine do ride in oil. Do yourself a favor and call Kent Baugh Equipment in Huges Springs Texas. They are super helpful with advice and parts. By far the most knowledgeable Komatsu guys I know.
06 Asv Rc 100
03 Bobcat 322
94 f350 Winch Truck
Stihl MS 260
Husky 394 Xp
Alaskan Mill (hope to change this soon!)

Jdwoody

(903) 639-2765 That's their office number.
06 Asv Rc 100
03 Bobcat 322
94 f350 Winch Truck
Stihl MS 260
Husky 394 Xp
Alaskan Mill (hope to change this soon!)

Bill Saf

Coxy,

you sure its a 20ag and not a D20a-6? if its a D20a-6 they are dry running jack up and block so you can turn tracks  remove the floor plate, seat, rear plate, batteries, a few tubes and disconnect all the linkages. if using oem parts big money 2012 prices about $2,000 per side + about 40 hrs labor.

Bill

coxy

it has a number or letter in front of the 20 but it is not a d  ill look tomarrow the shifter is long and on the left side sitting on it it has power assist for the steering  has a little 4banger diesel motor I put it in the size of a 350jd dozer  do the clutch packs come out the side or through the top like a Allis

Bill Saf

If its a d20 man shift trans / D21 shuttle shift out the top

bill

Thank You Sponsors!