iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jd 3325

Started by crazy4saws, April 20, 2017, 09:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy4saws

picked up a john deere 3325 winch for my C4 project. Would like to run it off a hydraulic motor i have. The motor has the torque for sure but Im not sure about RPM, It will be sprocket and chain drive, I can increase the sprockets size for more speed. Does anyone know what rpm range these 33 series winches need for input?

I tried JD website, looks like you have to pay for the manuals. Figured I would try here first.

thanks

Maine logger88

They run direct on a Deere so idle too 2500 or so. Also a Deere runs closed center hydraulics so I don't know how your open center will work for running it.  It may run hot
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BargeMonkey

If you can wait a couple days and want to PM me a cell # or email address I have the complete shop manuals for that winch and would give you all the info. 👍

bushmechanic

Hey crazy4saws how is the old C4 project coming along? Haven't seen any pic's lately :( looking forward to some more :)

coxy

I have a nice Lufkin/clark winch that you could have put on there  :) :)

crazy4saws

Hey barge I just sent you my info

MaineLogger thanks for your specs, it appears to match what Ive recently found today while reading online. The closed center/open center spool is something Im dealing with. Yes both my steering and blade valves are open spool. I hadn't considered the oil running hot.

Hey Bushmechanic, the C4 is progessing, slowly, very slowly. I tend to over think and over engineer things but Im going through everything very thoroughly. Ill get some pictures up this weekend. The update will show that Im not going with an authentic restoration instead the more practical, efficient route.   

Paul thank you for the offer on the winch, my braden wast worth repairing and I wanted a style of winch that was self contained and the deere winches seem bullet proof.

My TG series parker hydraulic motor is a low speed high torquue motor. At 20 gpm, 1795psi (max performance out of my pump) the max rpm would be 95. I would have to put a very large sprocket, probably unreasonable size. So now Im researching a higher rpm motor.

Maine logger88

What is this winch off? If it's the old style off a 440a/b it has its own pump inside so the closed/open center won't matter. If it's off a 540b 440c or later machine you will have to have a relief to get your pressure down to 11 or 1200 psi for your clutch/ brake cylinders.

crazy4saws

It's off a 350/450 dozer.

Not sure I follow you on the clutch/brake pressures. I assumed since it's self contained all I'm doing is providing power to the input shaft.

Maine logger88

Ok then it's probably a 3305 or 3315 which is self contained. If that's the case then it doesn't matter that your machine is open center. you can just run the winch off your pto the only thing is you can't winch or drop your hitch when the clutch is pushed but once you get used to that it's not that big of a deal. My grandfather had a 3315 on a c4 back in the day hooked up that way and it worked decent. What I was talking about relieving it down too 1100 would be on the later winches that didn't have there own pump inside like the 3325 on my 540b has the 440c and the d series machines.

Thank You Sponsors!