iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing Website

Started by Ga Mtn Man, April 19, 2017, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

I just noticed that TK has done a much needed revamp of their website and made some changes in their marketing strategy as well.  It looks good.  I'd like to see a video showing the features of the new Setworks. 

They still have this strange item (been there for years) in the list of mill features on all the fully-hydraulic mills:

"Auto Blade Guide lets you easily turn logs in both directions for perfect positioning."

I've never been able to get my blade guide to do that trick. ???

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WV Sawmiller

I know they make a good machine and hear good things about them. They must have a new salesman for this area or nationwide who is real diligent as I get a new flyer from them every few weeks (Got one yesterday) trying to get me to buy one of their mills. TK was on my short list and seem to work harder to get me to change than to buy originally. They, like others, have some features I'd like but I got what I paid for.

I sent them, WM, Norwood and others an expression of interest many years ago. They all responded and I lost interest at the time. All slowly faded into the background except WM who'd send me an invite to a local show or such every few months. To their credit they were never pushy just friendly and open to questions. Just subtle reminders. Then when my situation changed and I really got interested I stopped by the NC dealership and Jim and Tyler showed me their mills and answered my questions, I liked what I saw and I ordered one on the spot. I have no regret.

I do not like pushy sale people. I prefer to buy rather than be sold something (Difference being who makes the decision) and the WM staff meshed well with my preferences.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

redbeard

I can say the TK mill I purchased 10 + years ago has been a great investment. Very low maintenance costs. I definitely abuse it. I have modified the deck to hold up to logs that the loader arms couldn't even budge.
Thought about up grading too a new TK but the B-20 dose what I need.
TK builds a heavy duty sawmill.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ladylake

After over 13000 hours of hard sawing the same here, breakdowns are few and far apart plus easy to fix with a lot of off the shelf parts.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

DPatton

I don't have the experience that many of you guys do but I have no regrets in buying my TK 1600. I love what this mill can do for me and am very pleased with its performance. The people at TimberKing are genuine and always ready to help me anytime I have had a question. Great product, great people!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Darrel

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on April 19, 2017, 08:20:54 AM

"Auto Blade Guide lets you easily turn logs in both directions for perfect positioning."

I've never been able to get my blade guide to do that trick. ???

There must be a reason it is known as Timber King.   8) 8) 8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

opticsguy

TK 1220 owner since 2010?  An all manual mill for my personal hobbies and interests.  This TK seems to handle just about anything I can throw on it, never breaks and the few problems were because of me, not because of the sawmill. TK is very very helpful with any questions or problems. 
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Thank You Sponsors!