iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Resaw sled --- comments welcome on prototype

Started by OffGrid973, April 18, 2017, 09:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

So I had my local wood turner Gil ask me to slice a fresh cut pin oak crotch and I accepted the challenge.  Design was simple with pieces I had lying around and now I would like to build one that can be used in the future.  Screws held the end 2x2 down to the sled and then 2 screws into the piece being cut on both ends.  Couple shims underneath to level out and those also screwed to sled.

An major concerns with this design?  Ideas to make it easier or more versatile?

Thanks,
-Chris

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

DanMc

I think people may be looking for more pics and detail on the design.
LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

WV Sawmiller

Worse than that. I'm still trying to figure out what a Gil is. I see and know what a SIL, FIL, MIL, BIL, etc. is (Could it be short for Gilbert?) Ever since Rosa I am scared to ask such questions here on the FF. :-[
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Darrel

What I can see of it looks ok. However, with only this shot and without a better knowledge of what exactly you are trying to accomplish, an honest critique is a difficult thing to do. More pictures of the sled and finished product would be helpful.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!