iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lever to joystick conversion on a log loader. Tips/ pics

Started by U.P mich, April 17, 2017, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

U.P mich

I'm thinking about buying a c4d tree farmer forwarder and was wondering if anyone has ever converted a similar forwarder from lever controlled loader to joystick control.

mike_belben

Easy to make with a few female heims.  This should link to a picture.  Neverminf FF wont allow

--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/user/Esau9/media/a33c0ddc.png.html
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Convert to "electric over hydraulic" pilot control or just do away with the 5 lever and go joystick on the valve assembly ? 

U.P mich

Whichever way is easiest . And cheapest. Lol.   I'm very good with hydraulics of all types. Pilot electric and manual. I've rebuilt valve banks of all types. I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction to save myself the trial and error stage of the conversion.  I can't find anything on the internet of any conversion on a machine like a c4d tree farmer. 

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

BargeMonkey

I'm sure with enough money and patience you can adapt anything over. 😂 I think converting mine from 5 lever was a waste but at the time I wasn't the only one running it and my father is big on controls being the same on everything. We bought a new mechanical joystick valve assembly and added a rod going down to a cross bar with 2 foot pedals. My Barko loader has been converted from levers to mechanical joystick with some heim joints and cable, it's actually pretty slick how they did it, I can get some pictures. Maybe call one of the boneyards up there and see how much they want for all the components off a scrapped machine ?

mike_belben

Its easiest and cheapest to adapt yourself to the controls it came with like everyone else.
Praise The Lord

U.P mich

Running the lever control setup isn't an issue It's that if I did convert it to a good joystick system the overall efficiency of the machine would dramatically increase.   Thanks for all the replies. I guess I better do a little more reasearch and start making phone calls to parts dealers and see what I can find.

kiko

Check out surplus center item number 9-4782.    Two of those would be quick , 25 gpm .   i have no idea what the flow rate on the treefarmer is.  Wonder if the float could be removed.

Thank You Sponsors!