iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Sawmill shack

Started by fishfighter, April 17, 2017, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cazzhrdwd

That siding is very nice, excellent choice!
96 Woodmizer LT40Super  Woodmizer 5 head moulder

fishfighter

Quote from: Cazzhrdwd on October 13, 2017, 10:47:40 PM
That siding is very nice, excellent choice!

I like it too! ;D I did have a couple that had split. I will try some chinking to fill in and then spray some clear log sealer on the building. That should help it last longer.

fishfighter

Kind of been under the weather. Got out this morning and frozen my butt off. Was only 47f with a stiff wind. >:( Guess my blood is to thin.

I just kind of took it easy and built some steps and built a sticker box. I use 24" stickers. Reason, I stack all my lumber on 8"x16" cinder blocks. I use 26" -36" tin roofing panels to cover the lumber. It is so much easy for me to move things around in this size bundles with my tractor. ;D

Once I was happy with that, I need to set up the hangers to hang my old pirogue to get it out the weather. Dang thing is over 45 years old. ;D Using some bike cycle hangers that have pulleys from Harbor Freight, done.

Fixing to do a add on to the other side of the shack. ;D 

fishfighter

Between weather and under the weather, today I started the lean to. Got the post up and the header. DanG NW wind was blasting. My old bones are hurting somewhat. :( Dang cold front pushing hard down here.

Should get the rafters in tomorrow.

fishfighter

Bracing and rafters in place. A bit nippy this morning for a change here. 42F and just about right. ;D

Just maybe some roof tomorrow.

fishfighter

I have roof and just in time for the rains tomorrow. ;D

And yes, old Blue is at a new home. :D

Next up, get that eves done. Just maybe a bit tomorrow before the rain comes.

btulloh

Looking good FF.  I'd like to get a roof over my sawbed, but it is still way down the list.  Did you make the lean to specifically for the tractor?
HM126

fishfighter

Yes, I did. The old shack I had it at, I had to take it down due to a power line I had installed to the guest house I built. Power company told me it was to close and I told them I would remove it. I had reused all the lumber to build this lean to. Cost me less then $50 for nails bolts and roof screws. ;D

fishfighter

Got the siding up. ;D Them boards are heavy. :o Green oak that are about 18"-20" wide and they were 9' long. Did all the cutting up on the roof.

Is this a bad thing when your wife calls your saw shack "cute"? :D

Going to start wiring it up today. I have everything that is needed that was free. ;D

Magicman

Very nice Paul, very nice indeed, and if "she" says that it is cute, then wear it with pride!   8) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn, you back home? I think you brought back cold weather with you. :( Had ice on the windshield here this morning. :(

Magicman

One thing about the South; you will freeze for a couple of days and then it will be back up into the 80's.   :o

I was colder yesterday than I ever was in Colorado, but I was also wearing insulated clothes in Colorado.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Heck, was just outside in a Tshirt. Was 43F this morning and now 71F. ;D

BUT, I'm stuck inside painting today. Honey do's. ;)

Weekend_Sawyer

I just read this whole thread.
I am so sorry to hear about your son.
I am really impressed with your sawmill shack.
Very nice.

Thanks for sharing.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!