iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Sawmill shack

Started by fishfighter, April 17, 2017, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Hear thunder in the distance already this morning. :( Got pounded last night. :o I don't remember a extra wet summer like we are having this year. :o It looks like I will be sawing in mud this week, but I have to get some done.  :(

Magicman

I know that fishfighter (Paul) has had some "family issues" but I hope that he soon dries out and comes up for air. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

It's been a month now sent my son passed away. It still hurts as if it happen yesterday.

Yesterday and today I did get out and did a little work on the shack. Just couldn't get myself to do anything in the past month, but I pushed myself thru. Just maybe I will get the roof on this weekend. Got two more rungs to install and I bit more bracing to do.

Magicman

My heart is with you Paul but no, I have no idea how I would deal with such a loss. 

It's so good to see you back on the FF and back on your sawmill shack project.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawmilllawyer

My most sincere condolences for your tremendous loss. You have to Keep on keeping on! I have always enjoyed your postings and the creative ways you have dealt with your camp build.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

BigZ La

So sorry to hear about your son, if I can do anything for you please don't hesitate to ask. Prayers

fishfighter

Quote from: thecfarm on September 14, 2017, 09:26:34 PM
Any cooler now? Dryer?

We had about a week of sweet cool dry weather. Starting to get back in the 70F- to lower 90's with small chances of rain every day.

Thanks guys for the prays.

Bruno of NH

Sorry for your loss
I some what know how you feel my family is close and my brother lost his son when he was only 24.
Prayers Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Stephen1

My thoughts and prayers are with you on your families loss!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

fishfighter

Got a bit more done on the shack. Just have to install some hurricane straps and then start installing the roof. If I can get my SIL over today, I should have the roof on.

The opening on the sides has a 9' clearance and on the far end has a 13'6" clearance. I will have no problem getting my backhoe in or loading logs from the sides.

barbender

Wow. I am very, very sorry for your loss Fishfighter. I can't even imagine.
Too many irons in the fire

fishfighter

I have a roof over my head. ;D DanG phone is full, so no pictures as of now.

I will be jacking up the building part to match the top of the header. From there, I will reframe all new rafters to match the roof lines and installed a new roof on the building.

Darrel

Looking forward to the photos when you get your phone emptied.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Quote from: Darrel on September 18, 2017, 11:45:24 PM
Looking forward to the photos when you get your phone emptied.

Here you go. Still have to install the center cap. Going to let my SIL do that. ;D

Magicman

It's good to see you making headway again.   8)

DanMc

It just doesn't seem right for any parent to lose a child.  It should always be the other way around, and at a ripe old age when it is natural.  So sorry for your loss.
LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

fishfighter

Thanks, the pain is still there.

Still pushing myself and got the building moved over and raised to match headers. Super hot again today and call it a day before noon. Still have to level the building, just maybe tomorrow.

I am starting to think why I am doing this.

fishfighter

Sawed up more lumber for the new roof line over the building.

Today was a off with the old and a start to the new.

Old roof line.

New, raising it up for more pitch.

Got to HOT by noon time. Had to pick up all my tools that I had there due to just in case if it rains tomorrow. In fact, this is the dry record September here ever. :o Less then one drop of rain here all month. :o We did need it some, but the dust is getting out of hand.

Oh. by the way, my dear wife thinks I broke my left wrist. :o Was knocking up some rafter roof strappings with a 8lb maul and my wrist made contact to a board first. ::) got a ice pack on it and yes, it hurts like forty kinds of hell. :D

Magicman

Ouch!!   :-\

Keep us updated.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishfighter

Well, didn't sleep to good last night even after a couple beers and a pain pill. :o DanG wrist is hurting real bad. Guess I will have to have it check this morning. >:( That bone that sticks out on the outside of the wrist is three times the size of normal. :o

paul case

Thats bad. I hope it isnt broke.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Kbeitz

The longer you wait the more it's going to hurt if they need to reset it.
Bone nits together real fast.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!