I started this rebuild/build a couple months ago. The building was a free building that I had to move to my place a couple miles away. Well, sometimes free is not all that good.
Once I got the building in place, I had to saw some 6x6x16'. Installed them under to give the building some floor support. Floor joists were 2x6's.
The building is 14'x 16' wide.
The siding, it's live edge oak. I now have all that done. Installed another window, a regular door on one side and a 5' open that I will install a barn door that will slide on tracks that will be open to the sawmill bay.
Coming off the building, I will be building a section that will be 16' wide and 30' long.
The post will be 6x6's out of oak. Friday, I went and looked at some power poles. They were way to big. Stopped by the lumber company and asked if they had any 6x6's that were damaged. Came away with a couple 8's. Paid a big $7 each.
They have some more that I will be picking up.
Anyway, sawed them in half then put them on the sawmill and sawed them up like this.
After doing them, I put some 6x6x12' oak beams back on the mill and sawed them on the end to match the treated 6x6's. From there, I applied some roof tar in between the oak and the treated and bolted them together.
I have to do 4 more like them.
The bays that will be coming off the main building will be set on one side, 12' and then 18'. The 18' span is were I will be having the mill set up at and I will be able to load thru there.
I was going to saw up a beam to span that 18', but the size is longer then what I can mill.
So I started building a header today. This is 15"x18' and is made of oak 2x6's. I will be gluing some 1/2" plywood to the sides. I hope it strong enough for the span.
Now if only the rain would stop for a couple days. Got some heavy down pours the last two with a lot more to come.