iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Right, Left, or ??

Started by Magicman, April 16, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

One daughter left handed, one daughter ambidextrous, me, right.  Both their grandfathers were lefties, guess it skipped a generation.  Softball coach loved my ambi daughter, tell her to switch hands in the middle of the pitches. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Wow, we are getting some interesting comments.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

More lefties and ambidextrous than there should be, statistically. I wonder if sawmilling draws them out of the woodwork. So to speak.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

If you can consistently operate your sawmill hydraulics with your "other" hand.....you just might be a redneck
ambidextrous.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

I'm so right handed it's like my left is just along for the ride sometimes  :D. Didn't help any when I had a tree land on me and crush my left wrist 17 years ago. I do my best to use my left but it's kinda futile.
You ambidextrous folks make me a bit jealous, definitely would make certain tasks easier.

Weekend_Sawyer

I am left handed but right eye dominant. I played softball left handed but shoot right handed, my bow is right hand. My writing is awful. When I sit at a table I always try and sit all the way to the left.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

barbender

Quote from: newoodguy78 on April 18, 2017, 09:07:33 PM
I'm so right handed it's like my left is just along for the ride sometimes  :D
😂😂😂 That's the same way I am, the left arm doesn't do much compared to the right.
     The opposite eye dominance phenomenon is fairly common, it's easy to spot when someone has shooting difficulties.
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

But then there is someone that if his "shooting" is off.....

He puts on a purple skirt.  Made him so great that he made the "list".

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on April 19, 2017, 12:36:09 PM
When I sit at a table I always try and sit all the way to the left.
Growing up, our family has 7 kids.  To be able to sit 9 at the table, we had a big round redwood picnic table in our kitchen/dining room.  One sister was left handed.  There is no "left end" to sit at on a round table!  We had 5 two-seat benches around it.  So, she often had a bench to herself...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sawguy21

That is a real problem, no one wants to sit to my left at the dinner table. ;D At one place I worked, the boss' wife, the parts man and I were all lefties, it drove the boss nuts that the note book, the pen and calculator were to the left of the phone.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

plowboyswr

I am the "Black Sheep" in my family I'm right handed.  :D Mom, Dad, Brother, Aunt, Uncle, Grandparents all lefties.  But learned how to do a lot left handed. Broke my right twice the only thing that I can't do is write lefty.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

justallan1

I'm both for many things, but left handed given the choice.
The one thing that I absolutely cannot do right handed is throw something overhand. If it looks as awkward as it feels I'm sure it would make for some good entertainment for folks. :D

Dave Shepard

In regards to throwing things,  I am ambisinistrous.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sawguy21

I am having trouble pronouncing that but looked it up anyway. :D I have the same problem.

Magicman

Wow guys, I learned (I think) a new word today and even read it's meaning.   smiley_dizzy

Anyway, I added it to the poll just for you.   :)

BigZ La

Everything is right in my world  :D

coxy

Dave Shepard

I seeds nobody is owning up to being all thumbs yet. :D

Deese

My cousin played ball at AU for a few years and can bat right and left handed.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Holmes

I am right handed , throw right handed , bat left handed, play golf right handed, left eye dominant. Maybe that explains why I get dizzy when I stand up :)
Think like a farmer.

LeeB

I'm full fledged right. I have overslept my flight a few times though. I was left then.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Remember guys:

MEN <<< to the Left

WOMEN >>>> are always RIGHT !!!

newoodguy78

Now that's funny   :D :D :D

sawguy21

Quote from: Holmes on April 24, 2017, 05:25:58 PM
I am right handed , throw right handed , bat left handed, play golf right handed, left eye dominant. Maybe that explains why I get dizzy when I stand up :)
I would be confused too. :D

bill m

I write left handed, throw right, shoot bow right, shoot gun left, hammer with either hand. Can run a chainsaw left or right just as easy ( when climbing or in the bucket this is necessary sometimes ).
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!