iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Easter!

Started by fishpharmer, April 16, 2017, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Everyone Enjoy the day!

For those that may not know, I found this summary on Wikipedia.

The resurrection of Jesus is the Christian religious belief that, after being put to death, Jesus rose again from the dead. It is the central tenet of Christian theology and part of the Nicene Creed: "On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures".[1]

In the New Testament, after the Romans crucified Jesus, he was anointed and buried in a new tomb by Joseph of Arimathea but God raised him from the dead[2] and he appeared to many people over a span of forty days before he ascended into heaven, to sit at the right hand of God.[3]

Paul the Apostle declared that "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures".(1 Corinthians 15:3–4) The chapter states that such a belief in both the death and resurrection of Christ is of central importance to the Christian faith: "And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain."(1 Cor 15:14)[4] Paul further asserted "And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied."(1 Cor 15:17–19)

Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus on Easter Sunday, two days after Good Friday, the day of his crucifixion. Easter's date corresponds roughly with Passover, the Jewish observance associated with the Exodus, that is fixed for the night of the full moon near the time of the spring equinox.[5]
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandhills

Happy Easter fish, we have a small rural church and every Easter the men folk do the cooking/cleaning for breakfast after the service.  It always draws a good crowd because of everyone's family coming "home" for Easter, this year was no exception, but I love the little kids and watching them all, I know it really ages me but I remember being them and couldn't wait to get out and hunt for Easter eggs  :).  Hope everyone has a great day!

Chuck White

Happy Easter to all of the Forestry Forum families!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Texas Ranger

Happy Easter to one and all, believers and non believers, spring is a source of new beginnings, for us, religious.  Thanks, Fish, for bringing this up.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!