iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good source for aftermarket hydraulic seals.

Started by ohiowoodchuck, April 16, 2017, 10:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiowoodchuck

I lost a seal on my 440b blade cylinder and I believe 164.00 for a seal kit is high through John Deere. Where is a good place to get this kit cheaper. I see Hercules is a company who makes them and I believe they are made in USA.
Education is the best defense against the media.

chevytaHOE5674

Find a local hydraulic shop and they should be able to measure them and get you what you need.

tacks Y

Green Man

It is likely that Martin Fluid Power would have your Deere# seal kit. Make certain that you have the correct # from Deere as it is easy enough order the wrong kit / according to the serial # of your particular machine. You will like the price.

Hercules has some on line Webinars on hydraulic seals that are very informative. It would be worth looking there also. Of course, often the real leak problem ends up being the wallowing out of the old cylinders. Good luck.

ohiowoodchuck

The ol girl is 44 years old. I expect her to have some wear in it. The cylinders don't appear to have ever been messed with. Martin has some good prices on seal kits. I'll order a couple and give them a shot. It's not like Deere makes the seals anyway. It appears I would be paying for the fancy bag anyway.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Thank You Sponsors!