iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How I load my 16' trailer.

Started by luvmexfood, April 15, 2017, 11:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Have a large log directly behind trailer crossways. Pick already skidded logs with tongs and pull straight towards back of trailer. When close to crossways log turn left or right hard and start lifting 3 point hitch. Log will usually go right over the back crossways log. Hook cable from winch mounted on tongue of trailer and pull on up. Can usually go two high. Works best with 12-14 foot logs so you can get the second layer up on the logs already loaded. Other wise you sometimes have to move the tractor forward and pickup to get the second layer on the first.

Just have to remember to unhook the boompole from the log before you pull to far forward with the winch. Otherwise you end up with a pretzel pole. Not that fast but uses what I have. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

g_man

That looks like a pretty good system. Assuming your winch on the hitch is electric can you get a whole load on with just one battery ??

gg

luvmexfood

Quote from: g_man on April 16, 2017, 07:42:34 AM
That looks like a pretty good system. Assuming your winch on the hitch is electric can you get a whole load on with just one battery ??

gg

I don't use a second battery. Have a set of long heavy duty booster cables. Just pop the hood and hook up to truck battery. That way I don't have to fool with a second battery and if pulling real heavy large logs I can crank the truck and keep the battery charged.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!