iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting Bridge

Started by luvmexfood, April 15, 2017, 10:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newoodguy78

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 17, 2017, 07:51:42 PM
I had to drive a big Bobcat across a suspension bridge once. Strange experience. When you first drive off the abutment, you drop down and all the slack moves out in front of you like a bow wave. As you reach the middle, you start to climb up the bow in the decking, and when you go past the halfway point, all the slack moves behind you and you drop about two and a half feet. :o
Did you have to change your shorts afterwards? I'm pretty sure I would have.  :D

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sandhills

Oh come on guys, where's your sense of adventure??  ;D

sandsawmill14

Quote from: sandhills on April 19, 2017, 12:07:57 AM
Oh come on guys, where's your sense of adventure??  ;D

i lost it some where in the late '90s ;D :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sandhills

:D :D :D Me too, went horseback riding with the neighbors on Easter but didn't have my saddle so just rode bareback, didn't take long to figure out I don't have the balance (or somethings else) I used to have back in the day  :D.  Never fell off on some fairly steep terrain but sure got a new appreciation for all the actors in the old westerns that rode that way at full speed  ;D.  I have to admit I didn't try taking her through the river though, I'm getting old  ::).

sandsawmill14

sandhills  i started breaking horses for the public when i was 12-13 years old even rode broncs in the IPRA for a few years in the early 90s   ;D i think i was 35 when i took on the last horse  :) i got him finished and decided there had be an easier way to buy groceries ;D :D :D :D me and my brother had saddles but but when we were younger we would ride bare back until the weather go hot then the saddle was mostly to save the horses back instead of for us  so i totally understand what your talking bout :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

samandothers

Don

We hang out in Floyd County and hope to retire there.  Love the peace and quiet!

I think I've been in your area with a scout troop camping in 2000's.

luvmexfood

Quote from: samandothers on April 19, 2017, 07:23:54 PM
Don

We hang out in Floyd County and hope to retire there.  Love the peace and quiet!

I think I've been in your area with a scout troop camping in 2000's.

Got to look up and see where Floyd County is. Spent some time in Charlotte last year working. Not sure really if it was Charlotte or Mexico City. Maybe just the area we were in.

Don P

When Floyd get's too hectic folks come over here ;D I was over there a month or few ago. I drop through there sometimes when shunpiking my way back from Roanoke or Blacksburg. We caught fire in Charlotte and spent 3 days living in and working on the camper in a junkyard there. Nicest folks you could hope to meet. They pointed out the heavy chevy's and ran us a tab on honor, we exchanged Christmas cards for several years.

I helped with a rainbow bridge at the scout camp here by the New River last summer. They are a fun and easy bridge to build with kids, build it wider and throw a tarp over it and you have quick shelter.

Grayson Highlands State Park here is also a popular camping and hiking spot. That's a couple of the wild ponies that help keep it open in the background.

That is Mt Rogers in the background looking from the highlands in this old pic. The AT crosses over that mountain;

We built a house in Copper Hill in Floyd Co some years ago. I'm working with a contractor from Pilot in your county over here on a job now. We can see your Buffalo Mt when we're up on some of our peaks.

luvmexfood

Quote from: Don P on April 19, 2017, 09:36:08 PM
When Floyd get's too hectic folks come over here ;D I was over there a month or few ago. I drop through there sometimes when shunpiking my way back from Roanoke or Blacksburg. We caught fire in Charlotte and spent 3 days living in and working on the camper in a junkyard there. Nicest folks you could hope to meet. They pointed out the heavy chevy's and ran us a tab on honor, we exchanged Christmas cards for several years.

I helped with a rainbow bridge at the scout camp here by the New River last summer. They are a fun and easy bridge to build with kids, build it wider and throw a tarp over it and you have quick shelter.

Grayson Highlands State Park here is also a popular camping and hiking spot. That's a couple of the wild ponies that help keep it open in the background.

That is Mt Rogers in the background looking from the highlands in this old pic. The AT crosses over that mountain;

We built a house in Copper Hill in Floyd Co some years ago. I'm working with a contractor from Pilot in your county over here on a job now. We can see your Buffalo Mt when we're up on some of our peaks.

Been thinking about coming up and seeing the ponys for a couple of years. Was a real good article in one of those free newspapers a couple of months ago. Helped a company my aunt used to own install some alarm equipment in a house near Saltville. A couple of veterinarians from Charlotte bought some land from Big Tom of Survivor fame. It had an old farmhouse on it probably 200 yards from the hardtop. They had it picked up and moved even further back. After being used to living in Charlotte wonder how they felt having to drive 25 minutes each way just to get a loaf of bread.

samandothers

My dad was born in Copper Hill on land next to Twin Falls.  Mom was from Check area.  Floyd County is about 20 minutes from Roanke along the Blue Ridge Parkway or Rte 221 going south.

Highlands is were we went with the scouts.  Beautiful area, not to mention gullies for bridges!

Thank You Sponsors!