iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

loadin' my new dozer

Started by chet, April 15, 2017, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sawguy21

Does she expect you to drive it across the estate? :o :D That would sure clear the stump farm in a hurry.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Den Socling

That is some monster size equipment!  :o What would a dozer that size be used for? This made me think about my wife. She wants me to lower the crown on our long driveway and fill in potholes. The other day she told me that she was having a grader delivered from a rental center, We need something like a drag. She told me it was $300 for the day so I decided we should go see what I was getting into. Yep. It was a huge road building grader. Although it could have done our driveway in one pass and it would have taken all of 15 minutes.  :D

Savannahdan

I could use one of those to break up the backyard for my garden.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

coxy

I think the trailer is a little over kill     I would not run a dozer with out the track/rock guides on it    is it going to cfarms house to help him with his rock trouble  :D

thecfarm

I don't know what rock guards are,but coxy is right,coming to my house,you better have them on there. Might even need some spares one,just in case one breaks.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

I think I could change the farm with that....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

chevytaHOE5674

I'd need a few sections of land to clear for that size machine. My farm would be cleared off in a day or two with that size beast.

DelawhereJoe

That dozer is a lite weight...only 94,300 lbs. The KOMATSU D575A-3SD Bulldozer runs 153 tons and can push its own weight.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Den Socling

I had to Google that Komatsu. How would that thing get delivered? Even if it was disassembled, the pieces would be too big. And then there is this thing!  :o

Chuck White

You should have it in a couple days, Chet!    8)   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Logger RK

My Daughter works at a Coal Dock & they ran the biggest Dozer Cat makes. I think D 10? She sends me pictures & there very impressive. She was the first Women operator hired a few years back now.  She's offered to take Me on a tour of the place. I think I'll have to make time for that.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Den Socling on April 16, 2017, 09:55:51 AM
I had to Google that Komatsu. How would that thing get delivered? Even if it was disassembled, the pieces would be too big. And then there is this thing!  :o

they take them apart  the rock crusher close to us hauled out the 455 ( i thinks thats the model#been a long time) komatsu and there was one tt load of tracks and one under carriage per tt load and i missed the rest of it leave so i dont know how far they broke it down  it ??? it was a monster :o
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

low_48

Quote from: logger RK on April 17, 2017, 06:53:46 AM
My Daughter works at a Coal Dock & they ran the biggest Dozer Cat makes. I think D 10? She sends me pictures & there very impressive. She was the first Women operator hired a few years back now.  She's offered to take Me on a tour of the place. I think I'll have to make time for that.

D11 is the largest track type tractor Cat makes. I retired from Cat 3 years ago. When Cat takes a 797 mining truck to that Expo, the semis start arriving at an empty lot nearby. It takes 12 or 13 semi loads to deliver all the assemblies. When they get the trucks all assembled, they drive them across the street in the middle of the night to take them to the display. The bed is many different assemblies. They just tac them for the show, and fill the cracks with caulk to look like welds. After the show they grind the welds back out and use the same cranes to disassemble them. If you watch in the background of this video, you can see them building the bed. I forgot to count the sunrises.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAVYizVoLww

sandsawmill14

there has been alot of big equipment built over the years if yall havent seen them google land trains  and look at some of those :o some of them are huge :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

coxy

little over 3min to build that not bad  :D

Dave Shepard

There is a great YouTube if assembling a 994 CAT. Something like two weeks, and a ton of guys, forklifts, manlifts,and cranes.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Logger RK

My Daughter told Me they have D11R & D11T Cat Dozer's where She works. She's sent Me pictures of them & there impressive.

sawguy21

I have watched those huge excavators and ore trucks at the Alberta oil sands, they are something to see. I have to wonder how much larger they can go before the machine is impractical. That has happened with aircraft.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bert

Alot of the timber i cut is on strip mines. Ill have to get a pic next time skidding of my little timberjack next to a D10. Amazing machines.
Saw you tomorrow!

Logger RK

I did tell My Daughter that if one of there D11 breaks I'd lease My JD 1010 to them to push coal. She did tell The Boss. He got a chuckle out of it.

coxy

those 1010 diesels will out push/pull a 350 but the 350 is a lot nicer to run  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!